Memories 1985 live aid

Do you remember Extreme’s medley from that day? One of the absolute highlights for me, at least before Queen started playing. I always hoped they’d issue that separately - I don’t remember if it was on the DVD that came out because I never got that (may have to look into that). There was a satellite feed, and I recorded most or all of that day (on VHS, so I can still play it!). I still get chills when Cherone starts with the bit that opened the Jazz album - I felt that was an underappreciated album in the states, so I was stunned to hear something from an album that I just adore. Guess I’ll be listening to this on my studio monitors shortly...

Metallica’s set was also impressive - they did release that on a CD single. Might have been UK-only. I’m pretty sure I still have that.

I LOVE Extreme!

Do you remember Extreme’s medley from that day? One of the absolute highlights for me, at least before Queen started playing. I always hoped they’d issue that separately - I don’t remember if it was on the DVD that came out because I never got that (may have to look into that). There was a satellite feed, and I recorded most or all of that day (on VHS, so I can still play it!). I still get chills when Cherone starts with the bit that opened the Jazz album - I felt that was an underappreciated album in the states, so I was stunned to hear something from an album that I just adore. Guess I’ll be listening to this on my studio monitors shortly...

Metallica’s set was also impressive - they did release that on a CD single. Might have been UK-only. I’m pretty sure I still have that.
Vaguely. I don’t remember many of the performances. I remembered GnR, Metallica and Elton John’s w/Axl Rose. Many musicians performing w/Queen. I’m sure I’d remember more if I went back and started watching again. I wasn’t a massive Queen fan back then but I remembered the event being huge with all the big names.

Back