ME1 change of personality

11top

Cousin Eddie's cousin
This is one of my ME1s whose former owner decided to change a bit. This singlecut is from the first run and was originally a yellow. It was repainted by David McNaught with a really nice gloss charcoal burst. The back was tinted as well.
It has one of the nicer ME1 tops I’ve seen, and nice “black” BRW. He also installed 59/09s with BRW rings (I have the RPs as well).
I took it to rehearsal last night. Incredible action, and she just sings.

"I think you should send it to Les for evaluation."

"What do I care what Les thinks? He's a complete moron."

"Maybe he's an incomplete moron who'd be complete with that guitar. Send it."

"The only thing that will complete Les will be a tombstone."

"You can send him one of those, too!"

"I think you should send it to Les for evaluation."

“Yes it’s a guitar!”

"What do I care what Les thinks? He's a complete moron."

“Hey you’re our moron”

"Maybe he's an incomplete moron who'd be complete with that guitar. Send it."

“Absolutely! I mean what can you lose?!”

"The only thing that will complete Les will be a tombstone."

“Harsh, but fair”

"You can send him one of those, too!"

“One of what? What was the question again??”

Dang, that's a beaut!

The new color matches the rest of the guitar very nicely, but I do wonder whether the original yellow (and I guess lighter, natural? back) would have really made it pop.

A SC ME is definitely on my "want" list. Unfortunately it is in the Venn diagram intersection of "will probably never afford". The ME V WL I have on pre-order is the most expensive guitar I have ever, and will likely truly ever, procure. Yeah, yeah, first world problems.

Dang, that's a beaut!

The new color matches the rest of the guitar very nicely, but I do wonder whether the original yellow (and I guess lighter, natural? back) would have really made it pop.

A SC ME is definitely on my "want" list. Unfortunately it is in the Venn diagram intersection of "will probably never afford". The ME V WL I have on pre-order is the most expensive guitar I have ever, and will likely truly ever, procure. Yeah, yeah, first world problems.

It would have been interesting to see what the yellow would have looked like glossed. Such is life. :p
However, I do think this one-off color (and I like the “richness” of the tinted back) is very cool. Love “black” Brazilian, too.

Back