ME V Capacitor Switch Question

From what I can tell sonically, down is 500k and up 250k. That way it also matches the pickup switches with down for humbucker and up for single coil. But the difference is very small and I might be wrong.
It’s a bit strange how it works since there is no difference in output. Physically changing from a 250k pot to a 500k would boost (or attenuate less) both the highs and the percieved output but the MEV switch doesn’t really do that, it only slightly changes the sound character.

From what I can tell sonically, down is 500k and up 250k. That way it also matches the pickup switches with down for humbucker and up for single coil. But the difference is very small and I might be wrong.
It’s a bit strange how it works since there is no difference in output. Physically changing from a 250k pot to a 500k would boost (or attenuate less) both the highs and the percieved output but the MEV switch doesn’t really do that, it only slightly changes the sound character.
This is correct.

on the ME V, which direction of the capacitor switch gives the 250k as opposed to the 500k? Just asking... for a friend...

Thanks!
Doesn’t make any difference- it’s real name is the DFA switch (Does F&#K All) 👍
Class guitar and my main one, but that switch does nothing.

Again, your statement is not true.
Seriously, the statement is true..tried it with lots of amps etc…its a gimmick, but unfortunately a gimmick that doesn’t work…its my favorite guitar but just a shame that the switch is useless and maybe could have been put to some use 🤷‍♂️

Back