ME III rediscovered

mcbprs

Ok so here's the story, I bought my MEIII (25th Anniversary) quite a while ago and as I usually do with new (to me guitars) I put new strings on it and used it at my next gig along with an ME1, truth is I was not over impressed so it has spent a lot of time in its case, my only redeeming memory of it being it was quite light.
This afternoon I was messing with one of my amps (Carr Slant 6V 1x12) decided to try a different speaker (Tone Tubby alinco hemp) and for some reason got the MEIII out to see how it sounded. Now the sound in my conservatory is never great (too many hard surfaces) but it sounded pretty good so I took them both to tonight's rehearsal, total knockout whatever we tried I could find the sound I wanted with ease, can't wait to take the MEIII to this weekends gig.
Now to me the ME's are probably the best non PS PRSi around so why have I not seen any mention of MEIII's in the many threads talking about the narrow field pickups, I can't be the only person here who has one, what do other owners/players of MEIII's think of them?

Not many ME3's out there! I've had narrowfield GAS ever since I played Markie's NF McCarty a few years ago.

I'm pretty stoked to finally have a PRS with those pups on the way.

My first PRS was the MEIII 25th but in the year or so that I've had it (won at a charity auction) I've barely played it. Hmmm, maybe I need to give it a good workout w/my new Sweet 16+ over the upcoming long weekend...

My first PRS was the MEIII 25th but in the year or so that I've had it (won at a charity auction) I've barely played it. Hmmm, maybe I need to give it a good workout w/my new Sweet 16+ over the upcoming long weekend...
Pics or it never happened. ;)

I'd love to, but as far as I can tell I'm not allowed to post pics here? Permissions say "You may not post attachments"....

You have to hyperlink the pics form another site, like picturetrail or photobucket. You can't upload them from your computer directly...

You click on the little icon that looks lij a tree and enter the url in the window...

Jamie

You have to hyperlink the pics form another site, like picturetrail or photobucket. You can't upload them from your computer directly...
You click on the little icon that looks lij a tree and enter the url in the window...
No icons anywhere I can see (and I'm not unaccustomed to forum s/w) but let's try this...
7121476507_811d582f0e_b.jpg
6975397988_517204f2ed_b.jpg

Last edited:
The gig went well and the ME III did not disappoint, Cream, Zombies, SRV, Stones numbers all covered without any difficulty :)

Got a chance to really play around with it plugged into the Sweet 16+. Very, very impressive - I can tell that the MEIII is quickly going to become my go-to guitar for basement noodling! Great range of sounds with the 5-position switch combined w/small volume changes on the guitar.

Man, thre aren't many MEIIIs around........ but they are one of PRS's best! My Swamp Eagle is MEIII based and the NFs are awesome!!!!

Man, thre aren't many MEIIIs around........ but they are one of PRS's best! My Swamp Eagle is MEIII based and the NFs are awesome!!!!

You don't have NF's with a Floyd. Time for a build.

You don't have NF's with a Floyd. Time for a build.

....... Or do I ?????

Just kidding!

A Rock Eagle is on the list...... But man, it is a really long list!!!

Tim and I are the only ones I know of with a triple banging MEIII Private Stock. I do love the NFs for a twist & a little different flavor on the tried and true ME platform.

Tim and I are the only ones I know of with a triple banging MEIII Private Stock. I do love the NFs for a twist & a little different flavor on the tried and true ME platform.

The world couldn't handle a third. Of this I am sure.

Back