McRosie Surgery.

Well, I don't know anyone who can do gold leaf for me, so that's probably out.
Still haven't made up my mind though.

Do what I did with the 'Cobra Jet' guitar mike, but make the colors match the RR, i.e. paint the body a matching green, with a flat black stripe in the middle!

fr.jpg

My '71 Torino Cobra

my1971cobra.jpg

Z - If you're going to go with an opaque color, I've always liked Silverburst (like on the Les Paul Custom except not teardrop). There was a Singlecut Hollowbody out there PRS did in a non-teardrop Silverburst and it looked fantastic.

PRSSB.jpg

Stained Charcoal Burst might be cool, too.

Classical-Beautiful-Music-Instrument-PRS-Paul-Reed-Smith-Private-Stock-SingleCut-Charcoal-Burst-Electric-Guitar.jpg

I don't think there is enough figure in the wood to do a stained top, especially considering the two holes that need to be plugged.

How did I ever miss the first part of the post where it said it was flung in a domestic dispute. That's not cool - hit the spouse, hit the kids - whatever - but leave the defenseless PRS out of it haha

That is such a cool car, Frankie. Glad to see you still have it. I thought someone told me you traded it for a new Jag.

Everyone who's anyone knows that red cars go faster. ;)

Traded it for my Supercharged Jag, which is my daily driver... bought it back with a blown engine for half of what I sold it for. (happened to have a spare 429 in the shed) :)

I have two spare 122s and a 152. I guess that makes a 12 cylinder 396? :)

i'll gonna try a silver leaf finish on my Hamer Californian setneck.
at that guitar silver looks more "heavy" than gold.
anyone here did similar before - because so many recommended gold leaf?

Back