McCartys... Let's see 'em!

Here'a my '06 McCarty - it took 7 months for it to arrive after I ordered it even back then. I've got a set of Joe Naylor's Railhammer Hyper Vintage pickups in it. I also did Push/Push pots so I can switch between Series and Parallel. Parallel gets me very close to Tele type voicing. The Railhammers are very percussive in either mode, a very good sounding, well balanced PAF voice'd HB's. This is my #1a guitar next to my #1, a homemade Nashville Tele w/SA EMG's.
nzd9qbL.jpg
Beautiful guitar! I prefer series/parallel too. Parallel does remind me of a Tele bridge too.

Pretty sure they didn’t make em when the guitar was built, so they used SDs. Not sure if they make them now. No idea if they hum cancelling. I just pick em up and play :)
I wasn't asking if each pickup was noiseless. I was asking if one was RW/RP so that when they're combined the hum disaapears.

You'd notice if one was RW/RP because the hum would disappear when both pickups were on at the same time, and the hum would return if either pickup was used by itself.

I asked because my Gibson P90's in my PRS Soapbar seem to be two identical pickups. So I get hum regardless of whether the pickups are combined or I'm using either by itself.

Last edited:
I wasn't asking if each pickup was noiseless. I was asking if one was RW/RP so that when they're combined the hum disaapears.

You'd notice if one was RW/RP because the hum would disappear when both pickups were on at the same time, and the hum would return if either pickup was used by itself.

I asked because my Gibson P90's in my PRS Soapbar seem to be two identical pickups. So I get hum regardless of whether the pickups are combined or I'm using either by itself.

On my McSoapy, the middle position has no hum, so I assume one pickup is RW/RP. Can't swear to how they do it, just know that it happens.

Just saw a beautiful 2000 McCarty on www.ten-guitars.de.......I know these guys. They are reliable and professional.And the Price is pretty cool too.....now if I didn't already have three of 'em.....I would grab it!!!!!
You do realize that the proper number of PRSi is n+1 (with n being the current number of them you own)?

Nice set up. Love the Tenor and Soprano in the background.
Been really wanting a saxophone the past couple of years! Played clarinet as a child, but always wanted to play the brass (but had to play Mom's leftover clarinet from her childhood as we sure as hell weren't buying or renting anything else)!! Maybe in 2023 I will make that happen!!!

Back