McCartys... Let's see 'em!

Here's my beauties

2015 McCarty
50461483806_507d94db16_o.jpg

This McCarty was a gift from my sadly now departed wife back in 2017, it's the guitar that started my core addiction.

2001 McCarty - this and BM#1 are my "Till I die" guitars
50461641067_ff0d851fe7_o.jpg
This one I picked up in a local music store in July 2018. Again it was a present from my wife and actually cost less than the SE Santana I'd gone in to pick up. She's faded from Violin Amber to as you see her but other than that she's virtually pristine and just feels perfect - like a favorite old pair of sneakers. The 2015 will always be special to me as it was the first but this is the one that gets the real airtime.

Here's my beauties

2015 McCarty
50461483806_507d94db16_o.jpg

This McCarty was a gift from my sadly now departed wife back in 2017, it's the guitar that started my core addiction.

2001 McCarty - this and BM#1 are my "Till I die" guitars
50461641067_ff0d851fe7_o.jpg
This one I picked up in a local music store in July 2018. Again it was a present from my wife and actually cost less than the SE Santana I'd gone in to pick up. She's faded from Violin Amber to as you see her but other than that she's virtually pristine and just feels perfect - like a favorite old pair of sneakers. The 2015 will always be special to me as it was the first but this is the one that gets the real airtime.
Two brilliant gems. Perfect!

I have two. I’m selling this one:
Because I bought this one:

I love the new 58/15LTs and rosewood necks. The 594 Wood Library is everything I want in a guitar.

Because I bought this one:

I love the new 58/15LTs and rosewood necks. The 594 Wood Library is everything I want in a guitar.
You do realize that new 594 WL does NOT have a RW neck! It has a RW fret board, but the neck is NOT RW!! Good luck, hope it is all you hope for!!! Beautiful axe either way!!!!

You do realize that new 594 WL does NOT have a RW neck! It has a RW fret board, but the neck is NOT RW!! Good luck, hope it is all you hope for!!! Beautiful axe either way!!!!
I’m curious. It feels like a rosewood neck to me. If not, what is it?

I’m curious. It feels like a rosewood neck to me. If not, what is it?
For one thing, RW necks are unfinished. That neck appears to have a gloss coat. Also, any RW neck will have the serial number on the headstock stamped into it rather than put on there with paint or marker. I would agree with Mr. Dave, mahogany, for three reasons. One, if it was a RW neck, Wildwest Guitars would have been advertising it as such. Two, it is finished with some sort of coating (at least the guitar in the pix you had there for the 594). Three, mahogany is the default neck on that model and if it was something other, once again, the advertisement would mention that.

If it feels great, awesome, but the guitar in these pictures is NOT a RW neck (and this is what is pictured when I click on the link above):

rh92akyncbpxupgdo9lc.jpg

qkupe3phljd9awazfrnx.jpg

All that said, if this is not the guitar you purchased, it would make sense considering it is still listed as "for sale", so the link you put in may be showing a different guitar than the one you purchased, in which case, you may very well have a RW neck, but we are not seeing pictures of a guitar with one (other than the one you are selling) ;~))

Last edited:
Ah yes, and at the top of that page, which I had not noticed is the following:

"That listing sold. Check out the similar listings below."

So it is showing us similar models to what you have, but that link is not showing the guitar you purchased. You will need to post pix another way for us to see it!

Sorry for not noticing that initially, it would have avoided a lot of confusion!!

Congrats!!!

Look like a RW neck to me.

Moondog have you been sniffing the inside of the coffee grinder again?!;)

Congratulations, stunning guitar.
Yes, I think the issue is that the link is working different for some than others and taking people to different, but similar, guitars since the one I bought is sold. I have to say I am breathing a sigh of relief as I was concerned something else was going on for a moment.

Yes, I think the issue is that the link is working different for some than others and taking people to different, but similar, guitars since the one I bought is sold. I have to say I am breathing a sigh of relief as I was concerned something else was going on for a moment.

Yep your link took me to a RW necked guitar so you’re all good.

I don’t miss an opportunity to tease Moondog. That’s just me, no harm meant.

Here'a my '06 McCarty - it took 7 months for it to arrive after I ordered it even back then. I've got a set of Joe Naylor's Railhammer Hyper Vintage pickups in it. I also did Push/Push pots so I can switch between Series and Parallel. Parallel gets me very close to Tele type voicing. The Railhammers are very percussive in either mode, a very good sounding, well balanced PAF voice'd HB's. This is my #1a guitar next to my #1, a homemade Nashville Tele w/SA EMG's.
nzd9qbL.jpg

Back