McCartys... Let's see 'em!

This crazy thing is actually a McCarty Trem.
ei8Kqrm.jpg
OYuPuWK.jpg

SCs, and Soapys, and HBs, OH MY!

It just dawned on me that 40% of the harem is currently a McCarty derivative. Let's see what you got, and the story behind it.

It all started with a crazy Craigslist deal I tripped over. I saw the ad, made an offer close to the ask and BOOM! I bolted from work to go get it before he could change his mind, or anyone else grabbed it.
2001 McCarty with rosewood neck...

My fav pic (well abused here) where the light hit it perfectly whilst sitting in the trunk of my car.

Late to the party.................

Dang Dave, That is the most awesome well played McCarty I've seen!!!! I had a McSmokeburst that was awesome, kick myself for selling.

Late to the party.................

Dang Dave, That is the most awesome well played McCarty I've seen!!!! I had a McSmokeburst that was awesome, kick myself for selling.
Cheers mate!
I must say it remains in pretty dang good condition for a 22 y/o guitar. I got super lucky that day for sure.
What did you replace your McSmokey with?

I got a new Custom 24, black gray smokeburst,,,, sounds great but I think the McCarty beats it.

Hi guys,

These are my McCarty’s. Started with the one the right. The store said it came with gold hardware from the factory. The MODCAT says otherwise but I like the gold against the yellow. The tuners had some strange locking mechanism I fought with every time. So I replaced them with vintage ones. The neck is Rosewood so I should call it a McRosie(?)

The beauty on the left is my number one. A wood library from 2018 in Slate Blue with a flamed maple neck. Fell in love with the looks and at first had a struggle with how it played. The neck took me some time to get used to. Now that hurdle has been overcome and it has become my number one. I have the neck in split position 90% of the time. Love that singlecoil sound.

Also the finish is some sort of satin. I feel more comfortable on stage this way because my playing doesn't shine that much either. Those soaring leads are still work in progress ;-)

Last edited:
Hi guys,

These are my McCarty’s. Started with the one the right. The store said it came with gold hardware from the factory. The MODCAT says otherwise but I like the gold against the yellow. The tuners had some strange locking mechanism I fought with every time. So I replaced them with vintage ones. The neck is Rosewood so I should call it a McRosie(?)

The beauty on the left is my number one. A wood library from 2018 in Slate Blue with a flamed maple neck. Fell in love with the looks and at first had a struggle with how it played. The neck took me some time to get used to. Now that hurdle has been overcome and it has become my number one. I have the neck in split position 90% of the time. Love that singlecoil sound.

Also the finish is some sort of satin. I feel more comfortable on stage this way because my playing doesn't shine that much either. Those soaring leads are still work in progress ;-)

Two exceptional examples!

Back