McCartys... Let's see 'em!

Damn! Those block birds WERE killer!

I agree. Some have commented that they didn’t like the block birds. I think they’re cool. However, there was a problem, and the PS team didn’t want to replace them. And while I like the blocks, I do like the replacement better (but just my opinion).

You could remedy that with a set of vintage lockers from John Mann, or PRS. Or, you could drop a set of PIII in there. I put the vintage lockers from PRS on mine. Cuz.........LAZY!!!!!!!!!
Yup, been thinking about it.
Not sure if it's just a crappy job of mine doing the wrap/lock method or what but it needs more adjustment than I'm used to.
I'll try a new set of strings and if it doesn't improve I'll get some lockers. :)

OK, I will do a "proper" photoshoot sometime next month I believe, but for now, here is my McCarty 594 HBII entry with all of it's glorious upgrades (never before published, PRS Forum Exclusive!!!)!

Front shot:
HoormanGidfiddle_2023Jan16_7470.jpg

Front angle shot with Crazy Parts ebony knobs and dirty hardware:
HoormanGidfiddle_2023Jan16_7448.jpg

Back side (the yellow streaks on the side are environment reflections):
HoormanGidfiddle_2023Jan16_7458.jpg

Headstock with tuners and TRC stained by @docteurseb:
HoormanGidfiddle_2023Jan16_7449.jpg

Headstock back:
HoormanGidfiddle_2023Jan16_7460.jpg

I received this on Feb 10, 2021 brand new (build date of Jan 15, 2021) and have played somewhere in the range of 2,000 - 2,500 hours on it! It is my daily player and although I LOVE my CU24's, for the moment this one wins based on lightness and tone fit for my current material!! A wonderful sounding guitar, eminently playable and easy on the eyes!!!

Last edited:
You could remedy that with a set of vintage lockers from John Mann, or PRS. Or, you could drop a set of PIII in there. I put the vintage lockers from PRS on mine. Cuz.........LAZY!!!!!!!!!
But the question is... why? Aftermarket, these tuners aren't cheap, and there was no good reason to remove them from the model. It's not like, "hey, we need to make this guitar as period-correct as possible", when it's not a replica of a 50's era guitar. /* minor rant over */ ;-)

Back