McCartys... Let's see 'em!

I’ve had quite a few but can’t find all the pics! The last two are still here, and I wish I still had the first two!!

DXdKypl.jpg

JaMBBaF.jpg

TtHSCxL.jpg

9jbLbz1.jpg
Brilliant examples!
The soapy and the SC are killer!

I’m new to PRS, so I don’t know if this is a McCarty, or a derivative. To the best of my knowledge it’s a S2 McCarty 594 thinline.

It is my first and only PRS. I am a Gibson guy at heart, but wanted to get a PRS. Their reputation is hard to overlook. And being that I have lived in Maryland my whole life, it seemed appropriate that I should have one. My only criteria was it had to have a bound neck, bird inlays, and a hard tail. I prefer a thinner neck, so my research led me to this one. It is currently my most played guitar. I absolutely love it!

I’m new to PRS, so I don’t know if this is a McCarty, or a derivative. To the best of my knowledge it’s a S2 McCarty 594 thinline.

It is my first and only PRS. I am a Gibson guy at heart, but wanted to get a PRS. Their reputation is hard to overlook. And being that I have lived in Maryland my whole life, it seemed appropriate that I should have one. My only criteria was it had to have a bound neck, bird inlays, and a hard tail. I prefer a thinner neck, so my research led me to this one. It is currently my most played guitar. I absolutely love it!

Boom, yes! Thinline is super cool!

Brilliant examples!
The soapy and the SC are killer!
What I can't seem to find at the moment are the pics of the RW neck McCarty Soapbar, the original mahogany neck McSoap, the RW neck McCarty or the mahogany neck McCarty. Also I recently had a beautiful Yellow Tiger McCarty that was killer.

I guess I like McCartys.

SCs, and Soapys, and HBs, OH MY!

It just dawned on me that 40% of the harem is currently a McCarty derivative. Let's see what you got, and the story behind it.

It all started with a crazy Craigslist deal I tripped over. I saw the ad, made an offer close to the ask and BOOM! I bolted from work to go get it before he could change his mind, or anyone else grabbed it.
2001 McCarty with rosewood neck...

My fav pic (well abused here) where the light hit it perfectly whilst sitting in the trunk of my car.

Beautiful. To me, that's the right place for the selector switch. And one volume control and one tone control is all I need.

Like my Custom 22.

OK next up is a guitar that came about as a result of a "suggestion" from @AP515
The "suggestion" was to wake up and try something different. That "suggestion" made me go on a hunt for many weeks.
The more I looked and listened the more I wanted one.
I finally found one across the border, but the seller didn't want to ship to me.
Then I found "the one".
Killer price, and a whacky 10 top to boot. A 2018 594 soapbar in Trampas green.
Seen in the Soapbar thread...

So playable and amazingly versatile for such a simple design.

Back