McCarty with a twist ?

Alan Manning

Well Love a Duck Mary Poppins.!!!
Hi guy's. I'm looking into purchasing a McCarty when funds allow. I'm not in P,S territory more Core / Artist bracket (just)!! The thing is id like a quilted top with the Purple,Red finish like Rob's beauty. Am I being realistic in this bracket or is it worth contacting PRS direct. Haven't seen any as yet in my neck of the woods. Any views appreciated. Cheers AL.

They can order most any standard options through your dealer (I've contemplated doing this myself for a maple neck with a popular color combination that I haven't seen, myself). I don't believe that's standard, though. I do believe that includes artist package combinations, though.

They can order most any standard options through your dealer (I've contemplated doing this myself for a maple neck with a popular color combination that I haven't seen, myself). I don't believe that's standard, though. I do believe that includes artist package combinations, though.
That was my guess too. it's all a matter of how far I can push the wallet!!!!! thank's for the input my friend.

Violet smokeburst is gonna likely be as close as you get to Rob's color. Quilt will be tough as they aren't doing many these days. Wood library McCarty is your best bet to get a quilt top. Could email PRS, but you're better off finding a dealer who does a lot of wood library builds, like Brian's guitars. You're wanting something pretty specific which makes it kinda tough. Brian goes to PRS quite often, could ask him if he's got anything in the works or see if you can get him to have what you want built the next time he goes.

Violet smokeburst is gonna likely be as close as you get to Rob's color. Quilt will be tough as they aren't doing many these days. Wood library McCarty is your best bet to get a quilt top. Could email PRS, but you're better off finding a dealer who does a lot of wood library builds, like Brian's guitars. You're wanting something pretty specific which makes it kinda tough. Brian goes to PRS quite often, could ask him if he's got anything in the works or see if you can get him to have what you want built the next time he goes.
Thanks a lot for the advice. I spoke to the dealer I use back here in the UK. Their going to contact PRS on Tuesday & get back to me. I'm going to do all I can on this one within reason which unfortunately I haven't got a lot off lol. much appreciated AL.

Back