McCarty wiring harness—replicate?

Air_Cooled_Driver

Hi all, I’m building a bit of a Frankenstein guitar and putting current Core McCarty electronics (including 58/15 LT TCIs) into it. For the wiring, I am starting with the multi-conductor drop-in, but that presents me with two problems: (1) it doesn’t match the wiring diagrams I can find for the 594s, and (2) I am a little unclear how to wire in the second tone and volume pots.

Any wiring diagrams or photos you would recommend, especially those showing the resistors/capacitors?

Hi all, I’m building a bit of a Frankenstein guitar and putting current Core McCarty electronics (including 58/15 LT TCIs) into it. For the wiring, I am starting with the multi-conductor drop-in, but that presents me with two problems: (1) it doesn’t match the wiring diagrams I can find for the 594s, and (2) I am a little unclear how to wire in the second tone and volume pots.

Any wiring diagrams or photos you would recommend, especially those showing the resistors/capacitors?

Try page 7 here

A question: the PRS volume pots come with what looks like a little capacitor across two lugs on the volume pots. Is that a treble bleed? Do I want to leave that on there? I don’t see that reflected in Simon Says’s wiring diagram for the 594 or on the official PRS diagram, but I don’t know if those are just considered to be standard parts on the pots such that they wouldn’t be individually labeled on the diagram.

Like in the images on this page (I got the pot directly from PRS).

A question: the PRS volume pots come with what looks like a little capacitor across two lugs on the volume pots. Is that a treble bleed? Do I want to leave that on there? I don’t see that reflected in Simon Says’s wiring diagram for the 594 or on the official PRS diagram, but I don’t know if those are just considered to be standard parts on the pots such that they wouldn’t be individually labeled on the diagram.
It is a treble bleed.

Back