Mccarty Wide/Fat recarve to DGT neck?

Hey all,
A cursory search revealed no answers on this so here I am!

Can a Mccarty with a Wide/Fat neck be recarved by PTC to a DGT profile? Like a DEAD on DGT profile? I assume jumbo frets won't be a problem either.

I'm hunting for a second fiddle to my #1 DGT. I needs to be a stoptail or blocked trem. My first thought is just to get another DGT and just block the trem. That being said it would be nice to have an actual stoptail. I've bought and sold 4-5 PRS's over the years. DGT has been the only one I can gel with.

There are DG(no)Ts out there. They may be as rare as hens' teeth, but they do exist.

Sorry no answer on the neck recarve, other than to tell you to call the PTC for an answer.

There are DG(no)Ts out there. They may be as rare as hens' teeth, but they do exist.

Sorry no answer on the neck recarve, other than to tell you to call the PTC for an answer.

The only ones that I've seen have been private stocks or runs for retailers and they are EXPENSIVE!

I think someone at one point had the PTC recarve a wide-fat down to a regular neck.

However, you realize you're talking about buying a used guitar, shipping it to the PTC, having all the frets pulled, the neck finish removed, the neck recarved, the neck refinished, the frets reinstalled, and then shipped back to you, all so you can have a stoptail instead of a blocked trem? Seems like you would spend an excessive amount of money on this, possibly doubling what you would pay for the guitar itself.

Blocking a trem is easy and cheap. I have one of the more expensive options, which is a Tremol-no, just locked down. $60 I think it was. Looks like they're now around $50. Maybe if you want to change it up a bit you could hunt down a DGT standard which has a solid mahogany body. It'll give you a slight tonal difference but keep the neck carve.

sure the ptc can recarve a new profile.
i did that myself on my mcrosie - my #1 guitar now...

Back