McCarty vs McCarty 594

They last longer in summer, but in winter, they dry out after a few months, at least here in Michigan. I’ve read that they can be re-energized somehow, but it’s hardly worth the effort, for me, anyway.
They can be recharged, but only to serve as a humidifier. The packs are prone to splitting after a couple of recharges, which is very messy. The recharging is quite simple.

They can be recharged, but only to serve as a humidifier. The packs are prone to splitting after a couple of recharges, which is very messy. The recharging is quite simple.
I’ve done this with my packs for one round with no problems, but controlling humidity indoors in the PNW isn’t too bad. Plus in my last home I installed a whole house humidifier which helped even out the variability quite a bit.

I use them in my Acoustic Remedy cases for my acoustics and ukuleles. Work great!

:oops:

I’m gonna be different again.

I no likey Pattern Vintage... and I have no idea why. There. I said it. But I love the Pattern carve (so much so that I’m trying to copy it for a Strat build). I want all of my guitars to have that neck.

Because I prefer the Pattern neck and 2 knobby knobs vs 4 knobby knobs, I’m going to go with the McCarty. With 58/15LT pups. And a Rosewood neck.

To my ears, the McCarty and McCarty 594 definitely sound different but then again, I didn’t test them with the same exact set of pickups. It’s hard to say how different they are but I’m guessing most of the difference is due to the scale length.

If I were to pick one without knowing anything else, it would come down to the neck profile and the scale length. Basically, it would come down to the feels.

But yeah, Casi1 is on Team 2 Knobby Knob.

I no likey Pattern Vintage... and I have no idea why. There. I said it. But I love the Pattern carve (so much so that I’m trying to copy it for a Strat build). I want all of my guitars to have that neck.

Because I prefer the Pattern neck and 2 knobby knobs vs 4 knobby knobs, I’m going to go with the McCarty. With 58/15LT pups. And a Rosewood neck.

To my ears, the McCarty and McCarty 594 definitely sound different but then again, I didn’t test them with the same exact set of pickups. It’s hard to say how different they are but I’m guessing most of the difference is due to the scale length.

If I were to pick one without knowing anything else, it would come down to the neck profile and the scale length. Basically, it would come down to the feels.

Nobody could ever argue about a neck carve, or control layout.
So personal, and so subjective.
I love my 2001 McRosie, and I'm rather curious about the new pups.

We like what we like! And a 25” scale 2 knob McCarty is a mighty fine guitar!

My first PRS was a McCarty - played nothing else for over a decade so good it was!

My P22 is essentially a McCarty, though with a Pattern Regular neck (I wish it was Pattern!) and Pernambucco.
image.jpg

My first PRS was a McCarty - played nothing else for over a decade so good it was!

My P22 is essentially a McCarty, though with a Pattern Regular neck (I wish it was Pattern!) and Pernambucco.
image.jpg
OK fine...
Post a picture!
Here's mine...

Nobody could ever argue about a neck carve, or control layout.
So personal, and so subjective.
I love my 2001 McRosie, and I'm rather curious about the new pups.

Yeah, I didn’t think anybody was arguing about anything. The whole entire shebang is about personal preferences. If someone asks if two guitars are different and asks for preferences, I think all they will get are opinions, lol. I love the sound of both the McCarty and the McCarty 594, but I prefer one over the other, sound wise and ‘feels’-wise, regardless of the new pups. Everybody likes different things. Life would be boring otherwise.

image.jpg

Nice! Are the inlays blue-ish or is that a reflection? Looks really cool.

Yeah I don’t find my Pattern Regular necks uncomfortable but I greatly prefer Pattern. I recently discovered how huge and rounded my standard neck PRS is compared to the Pattern. I had always thought the standard neck was smaller than both the WF and the Pattern.... but it’s HUGE.

Yeah, I didn’t think anybody was arguing about anything. The whole entire shebang is about personal preferences. If someone asks if two guitars are different and asks for preferences, I think all they will get are opinions, lol. I love the sound of both the McCarty and the McCarty 594, but I prefer one over the other, sound wise and ‘feels’-wise, regardless of the new pups. Everybody likes different things. Life would be boring otherwise.
My use of the word argue was inappropriate. Your take is really what I meant to say.
And life would be boring indeed, and we'd all have just one guitar... the same one.

Nice! Are the inlays blue-ish or is that a reflection? Looks really cool.

Yeah I don’t find my Pattern Regular necks uncomfortable but I greatly prefer Pattern. I recently discovered how huge and rounded my standard neck PRS is compared to the Pattern. I had always thought the standard neck was smaller than both the WF and the Pattern.... but it’s HUGE.
Reflection- the inlays are gold.

My use of the word argue was inappropriate. Your take is really what I meant to say.
And life would be boring indeed, and we'd all have just one guitar... the same one.

And that would truly suck if we all had the same guitar.

Could you imagine what we’d be forced to talk about all day on the forum?

:confused:

Back