MCCARTY SINGLECUT INDIGO GLOW! QUILT-A-RAMA!

Want to split it?

Deal. We'll have to make it a 95/5 split! ;)

Wait a sec - if we can come up with 4,997 more of us, we can chip in roughly $2 each (guessing - no idea of the price). Then we just have to time-share it, say one week at a time?

No, let's be realistic - two weeks at a time. So, for your $2, you get a gorgeous PS guitar for a fortnight, then only have to way 9,998 weeks to have it come 'round again.

Who's in? But the rules are - if we don't get 5,000 people, we're not going to do it!!! And so as not to hang Brian out to dry, we should set a deadline - say, midnight tonight Eastern time? So, 5,000 people to sign up in 8.5 hours, or it's no dice.

Oh, and we'll need someone to track the signups. I'm out for that part.

But I've got my...

US_$2_bicentennial.jpg

Wait a sec - if we can come up with 4,997 more of us, we can chip in roughly $2 each (guessing - no idea of the price). Then we just have to time-share it, say one week at a time?

No, let's be realistic - two weeks at a time. So, for your $2, you get a gorgeous PS guitar for a fortnight, then only have to way 9,998 weeks to have it come 'round again.

Who's in? But the rules are - if we don't get 5,000 people, we're not going to do it!!! And so as not to hang Brian out to dry, we should set a deadline - say, midnight tonight Eastern time? So, 5,000 people to sign up in 8.5 hours, or it's no dice.

Oh, and we'll need someone to track the signups. I'm out for that part.

But I've got my...

US_$2_bicentennial.jpg

Should we include Alan?

Alan's in!

I think he's just bought himself the switch tip. Custody of the switch tip may have to go before a judge if it was indeed Sergio's two dollars...

Hypothetical question...

If the guitar says 'USA only' (because of the Brazzy neck I presume) is that absolute? What if someone outside the U.S. really, really wanted it. Is it a question of getting all the certs and tedious paperwork or is it a categorical NO to it leaving the U.S.?

Hypothetical question...

If the guitar says 'USA only' (because of the Brazzy neck I presume) is that absolute? What if someone outside the U.S. really, really wanted it. Is it a question of getting all the certs and tedious paperwork or is it a categorical NO to it leaving the U.S.?

Someone with more knowledge than me can confirm but I think it's a categorical NO. There is, however, some international brazzy floating around. At least I've seen some completed builds with international braz, but I'm not sure if any is left in the vault for new builds.

Here's some of them...http://www.theguitarshop.ca/prs-brazilian-rosewood/?sort=newest

Someone with more knowledge than me can confirm but I think it's a categorical NO. There is, however, some international brazzy floating around. At least I've seen some completed builds with international braz, but I'm not sure if any is left in the vault for new builds.

Here's some of them...http://www.theguitarshop.ca/prs-brazilian-rosewood/?sort=newest

Nice McCarty Singlecut in that link (the 59LP spec one).....

Looks like Brian's has a new McCarty Singlecut in the oven to feed the gas... Iceberg Crossfade...

Alan's in!

I think he's just bought himself the switch tip. Custody of the switch tip may have to go before a judge if it was indeed Sergio's two dollars...

Just the tip?

If I was a woman, I wouldn't believe this for a minute... :eek:

I'm begging- please, please, somebody buy this. I've been obsessing over it since I had it in my hands at the factory this week. That's it, I'm going to buy a lottery ticket. If I win, it's coming to Wisconsin.

My tag says very explicitly that the Brazilian rosewood isn't necessarily the kind one can't export, they're just not set up with all the certifications and whatnot, and it's easier to just say, "no".

You probably could get the certifications on a new private stock build, but not on an extant one. The reasoning goes something like this -- in order to be compliant with the law, the accompanying certification has to accompany the lumber at every step of the way.

Oversimplification (and possibly wrong), but that's my understanding.

Back