McCarty Single Cut

G-Man

Saw something interesting online. A 2009 McCarty single cut with the old style headstock and non matching flame maple veneer. The cover says ted McCarty. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I knew something was wrong. It is a McCarty DC 245 from 2010, not 2009 as the seller stated. I'm starting to get this stuff! Since I've never owned a single cut, worth a go?

Singlecuts of all varieties are terrific guitars. The McCarty Singlecut is still a Private Stock-only model. I have one, and highly recommend it if you can find one.

Actually, come to think of it, I've had most of the Singlecut models PRS has made over the years, and they just keep getting better and better.

Incidentally, USA PRS guitars have solid maple tops, not veneers. Veneer tops are strictly made in the SE line.

Following Les' glowing words of tribute upon snagging his MC SC, I knew I had to track one down. Well worth the effort. After sharing my own experience with a few friends, they did their best to talk me into selling it to them. Did NOT happen.

As best I know, there are still some of those PS models in dealers hands if anyone wants to look. But of course, now, I have to ponder how a similar spec 594 would co-exist with it....;)

This headstock?

PRSTMSC245SBHeadstock_clipped-ea3520636d0854aa866cbfee851b2713.JPG

If so, yes, it could be a Ted McCart Single Cut... Great guitars...

They weren't Private Stock and were released in 2009/10...

Back