McCarty appreciation

Wow, that's a stunner!

My personal favorite is not a 594, but it's a McCarty nonetheless. (Actually, it's an MC-58 from when they briefly called 'em that.) Possibly the best sounding & playing guitar I've ever owned, short of maybe the Modern Eagle.
bojejAb.jpg

Love to see the Quilt top. I’ve found that quilts are pretty picky with lighting so sometimes the tops look a little more dull than curly/flames. However, in good lighting… Speaks for itself

Here's what I think is a Burgundy Firemist 594. I've never seen this color on the PRS website for a DC 594, but did see it on a used CU 22 that was maybe an early 2000's in a used photo from Reverb. I wanted a solid color 594 so I went to my local indie shop PRS dealer to see what they had - they didn't have any but the owner called his rep in Maryland and he sent back a camera phone photo of this guitar, and I jumped on it. It's a very nice playing guitar and a bit of a unique color for a 594. This photo shows off the very fine metallic flake in the paint.
srJDQqi.jpg

Here's what I think is a Burgundy Firemist 594. I've never seen this color on the PRS website for a DC 594, but did see it on a used CU 22 that was maybe an early 2000's in a used photo from Reverb. I wanted a solid color 594 so I went to my local indie shop PRS dealer to see what they had - they didn't have any but the owner called his rep in Maryland and he sent back a camera phone photo of this guitar, and I jumped on it. It's a very nice playing guitar and a bit of a unique color for a 594. This photo shows off the very fine metallic flake in the paint.
srJDQqi.jpg

That is sweet!

My only McCarty. Many have rolled through, this is the one that stayed. Joe Walsh Limited Edition. The top on this one is interesting. If you look at it from eye level it looks kinda meh. If you go below the guitar, and look up at it, it looks much better. The 2nd pic sort of shows this. I wasn't at a good enough angle to show it completely, but you can get the idea if you look towards the neck.

USDTRDK.jpg

367DEy6.jpg

My only McCarty. Many have rolled through, this is the one that stayed. Joe Walsh Limited Edition. The top on this one is interesting. If you look at it from eye level it looks kinda meh. If you go below the guitar, and look up at it, it looks much better. The 2nd pic sort of shows this. I wasn't at a good enough angle to show it completely, but you can get the idea if you look towards the neck.

USDTRDK.jpg

367DEy6.jpg

Yeah man, NOT meh!! Beautiul guitar!

USDTRDK.jpg

367DEy6.jpg
Both shots are fine. Beauty at any angle but I guess you're allowed to jump up on a table so that we can look up at you.

Back