McCarty 594 HB2 - demo

Thanks Dale! That's be a dream guitar for me as I'm a big PRS hollowbody fan. You didn't mention it but are you aware that the tone pots are push/pull to split the pups into single coil mode?

Jim

Nice demo! Just makes me want one all the more. Still in search for a white 594 HB. Thanks for sharing.

Nice demo! Just makes me want one all the more. Still in search for a white 594 HB. Thanks for sharing.
Another plan would be to go to your favorite PRS dealer and just order a white 594 HB. It will take a while but it's the surest way to find your color. And maybe it will slip your mind and before you know it, your dealer will call you and have a surprise waiting for you.

Another plan would be to go to your favorite PRS dealer and just order a white 594 HB. It will take a while but it's the surest way to find your color. And maybe it will slip your mind and before you know it, your dealer will call you and have a surprise waiting for you.
Never having ordered a new PRS, I wonder if you have to pay ahead of delivery, a down payment percentage, or pay on delivery. Perhaps that’s a “depends on the dealer” thing. We need a “ask the dealers” forum. :)

Never having ordered a new PRS, I wonder if you have to pay ahead of delivery, a down payment percentage, or pay on delivery. Perhaps that’s a “depends on the dealer” thing. We need a “ask the dealers” forum. :)
That's definitely a "depends on the dealer" thing. With my local dealer, I've generally paid 50% down when I placed an order with the balance on delivery.

Thanks Dale! That's be a dream guitar for me as I'm a big PRS hollowbody fan. You didn't mention it but are you aware that the tone pots are push/pull to split the pups into single coil mode?

Jim

hello Jim..I hope you find the right one sometime! I honestly never thought about the PP pots & should have as a McCarty owner - not great demo style. Thanks for the reminder, your friend, dale.

Lots of places ask for 20% down payment

a close shot of top and back...

JHRmPrhl.jpg

ZRaDXLJl.jpg

YctbiRnl.jpg

Dale, my go to for the last 20 years has been my HB spruce top. It's got everything I'd ever want in a guitar, but I wonder how good it could become with a set of LT's with some coil splits!

Dale, my go to for the last 20 years has been my HB spruce top. It's got everything I'd ever want in a guitar, but I wonder how good it could become with a set of LT's with some coil splits!

I'm 'assuming' it's the guitar in your avatar - beautiful! I love that PRS offers the guitar with a spruce top, great acoustic qualities. Thanks for checking this out.

Awesome guitar. My "If I hit the Lotto Guitar " ... So beautiful and great sounding , its probably worth the $6K +++ asked for it. :)

But, from a "wiseacre" that know more about specs and other unimportant stuff, as opposed to being able to play it...
The nomenclature is "594" , a reference to its 24.594 scale length, about a half inch shorter than PRS's standard scale length of 25". More Gibsony and an inch shorter than Fenders' 25 5 looong scale length....

"Shorties" can and DO sound awesome. Now to find the $6K to buy an off the rack one ...

Back