McCarty 594 2020 Yellow Tiger incoming. What to expect?

What to expect...? First, you'll open case and stare it. You'll think, 'wow, how does this look better than I expected'. You'll pick it up and think, 'hmm not light, but not too heavy'. You'll feel the neck, and think 'it's glossy but how do they get it so silky smooth' and 'ooh, I like this carve, it feels full and comfortable'. Strum a chord, 'setup is so good, notes ring, I love it'.

Perhaps you'll hand it on the wall like me, every time you see it you'll think, 'damn, that's nice... and it's mine!!"

Enjoy!

What to expect...? First, you'll open case and stare it. You'll think, 'wow, how does this look better than I expected'. You'll pick it up and think, 'hmm not light, but not too heavy'. You'll feel the neck, and think 'it's glossy but how do they get it so silky smooth' and 'ooh, I like this carve, it feels full and comfortable'. Strum a chord, 'setup is so good, notes ring, I love it'.

Perhaps you'll hand it on the wall like me, every time you see it you'll think, 'damn, that's nice... and it's mine!!"

Enjoy!

Great reply! :D

The one thing I’m most curious about is the neck. I’ve played CS Les Paul’s for the last five years - R9, R8, R7 and R6’s. Where does the 594 sit, feel wise, for the people who have played both LP’s and 594’s?

... one more thing (and I had a post about this some time back)... you might expect to think, 'would this be even better with a treble bleed added?'.

I'm still considering that very question. I think my answer is yes. Just a matter of who/where to service and when.

... one more thing (and I had a post about this some time back)... you might expect to think, 'would this be even better with a treble bleed added?'.

I'm still considering that very question. I think my answer is yes. Just a matter of who/where to service and when.

I just recently added them to mine that I’ve had for about 6 months, and as a player that is used to always having them, I definitely prefer it. Not saying any certain way is right or wrong, just depends on what you like.

Honestly, it took me a while to fully appreciate the 594, simply because I'd never allowed myself to learn how to use the 4-knob layout. I got turned off as a kid by a sh!t LP-style axe that couldn't do a single thing right. A PRS SE Soapie 2 was my first real guitar purchase and I never looked back. Until I sat down a second and third time with that first 594, man. It can do so many things. The neck is divine. The scale length is not overly-hyped, it is a critical asset. It feels as good as it plays. The notes feel like they're always in the right place for my hands. The only bridge I just can't have in my house is a Floyd, so other than that I'm flexible. But the 594 2-piece is very comfortable, feels and sounds great. The 594 is the best guitar ever made. You will buy another one, guaranteed. Watch. And enjoy! Congrats.

The one thing I’m most curious about is the neck. I’ve played CS Les Paul’s for the last five years - R9, R8, R7 and R6’s. Where does the 594 sit, feel wise, for the people who have played both LP’s and 594’s?
I found the 594 to be thicker around the nut area than a LP.

I played a bunch of both at CME on Saturday and liked the 59Lp neck profile down low better.

love Yellow Tiger, love SC 594's, mine always puts a smile on my face - craziest long sustain of my 3 PRS (408, DGT)

Back