McCarty 10 top

Mark 10top

Hi all, new to the forum. Been trying to play guitar for a few years. Bought a Fend road worn playr about 6 years ago and was totally disappointed in the construction, sold it after playing it for 3 months. My next guitar was a Warmoth Strat walnut with pau ferro neck and black ebony board. Out of the 200 shows done been offered 180 times to sell it. I really like to make or modify guitars. The only guitar I now own that hasn't been modified is my McCarty 10 top. 2 things bother me about this guitar. One is the wrap around bridge not having locking posts, the other is not having independent coil splitting. I have recently bought nickel plated brass locking posts, when I get them and put them in I'll review the sound difference.
Now for the question. Is there a reason why both the volume and tone aren't push/pull so that I can split one coil and not the other in the middle position?

Now for the question. Is there a reason why both the volume and tone aren't push/pull so that I can split one coil and not the other in the middle position?

No real reason other than simplicity. It would be easy to install a second push/pull for individual splits.

Welcome aboard! I feel ya man, I modify everything and I like building bolt-ons.

Never modified a hello kitty. Where do I find one? I will take photos of the 3 PRS's I own and post them. 2 SE's modified. One SE has '57 classic + in the bridge and a Porter Blender for the neck. Both SE's now have Graphtec Tusq XL and one has Grover locking tuners and the other has MannMade lockers. Both SE also have the electronics switched to CTS push-pulls and CRL switches and switchcraft jacks. One is a Sweetwater Rosewood Custom 24 the other is a Ziricote Custom 24. Sweet guitars. Tried to load pictures but couldn't find how. Anyone know?

Last edited:
Never modified a hello kitty. Where do I find one? I will take photos of the 3 PRS's I own and post them. 2 SE's modified. One SE has '57 classic + in the bridge and a Porter Blender for the neck. Both SE's now have Graphtec Tusq XL and one has Grover locking tuners and the other has MannMade lockers. Both SE also have the electronics switched to CTS push-pulls and CRL switches and switchcraft jacks. One is a Sweetwater Rosewood Custom 24 the other is a Ziricote Custom 24. Sweet guitars. Tried to load pictures but couldn't find how. Anyone know?
You need to put the pictures on a hosting site like imgur, or postimg.cc
Then you can use a link to post in here

Thanx, guess I need to do a couple of posts before I can show pictures of a few of my babies.

Nice harem!
You should be able to see on each picture a little "share" icon when you hover over it. When you click that, then click on the icon next to "hotlink for forums".
Paste that in here.

never thought a guitar body should be painted solid, hides the character of the wood

Welcome.

I have push pulls on my McCarty and locking posts on my adjustable bridge and kluson locking tuners from John Mann.

These three things are mods I'd strongly recommend to anybody that has a prs in this format.

I never had tuning issues with the stock klusons but the ease of string changes makes it a no brainer plus no mods, direct drop in. Just good luck getting stock bushings out! Mine wouldn't budge so I left them in there.

I really dislike the way the bridge it's on these. .I like being able to remove all the strings and have the bridge stay put plus it's tight, no tilt and I would think better sustain.

Mine has 8515 neck 5909 bridge. I LOVE this guitar.

Back