Maybe a new PRS Tele style guitar soon?

I know what you are saying , I don't care about Nitro finishes and Bone nuts and vintage non locking tuners BUT I have one of most every PRS model (missing a Santana ) so for me they need to keep building different models.
I have been asking for a PRS tele shaped guitar , it would be really cool with Pauls pickups or Narrowfields and mini switches to tap and Purple please. and I would be fine with a 25" scale and a pattern neck :)

Not to taint anyone's breakfast here, but I'm hoping not. That having been said, they probably will, and more people will support them for it. Because it seems like a lot of what PRS have been doing over the past several years is make concessions to the traditional 1950s school of electric guitar design - focusing more on 22 fret designs, phasing out the 25" scale Singlecuts, the Silver Sky - and players have been eating them up.

I'm glad PRS continue to offer the design that made them what they are today - the Custom 24, which AFAIK still remains their best seller - but they seem to get more attention and praise for the designs that are basically PRS versions of older, even more established designs: Strat/Silver Sky; Les Paul/McCarty SC 594...heck one could even say Vela/Jazzmaster, though that might be a bit of a stretch. But what I like about the original PRS guitar design in both Standard and Custom variants is that while it retains the best features of a Strat or Les Paul (double cutaway for easy upper fret access and vibrato tailpiece for pitch control from a Strat, dual humbuckers and a carved arch top from a Les Paul) while being its own animal and offering things that weren't standard on either one (coil splits and a two octave fretboard).

I may be in a minority of sorts, but I want my PRS to be a PRS the way they were originally conceived to be: a double cut, 25" scale 24-fret guitar with a carved top. If I wanted a Strat, LP or Tele, I'd sooner buy the original than PRS version of one.

There's a classic neck humbucker sound that 22 fret guitars have that 24 fret guitars don't.

That's because the 23rd and 24th fret are where the neck pickup would be in a Les Paul, ES 335 or PRS Custom 22.

I don't own any 24 fret guitars for that reason.

I'm used to the deeper sound of neck a humbucker having its screw polepieces under the 2nd octave harmonic, which is where the 24th fret is in a 24 fret guitar.

That's just my preference and what I'm used to hearing.
To each their own. For me, I find having a full two octaves available more useful than a "classic" tone for the relatively few times I use my neck pickup on its own. In fact, I enjoy the more articulate neck tone.

I just never seemed to get the tones out of one that I wanted.

Admittedly I haven’t played one for about 25 years.
I just gave away one with 2 single coils and a bridge hum/single. Each individually switchable, so good tonal range.
The hubcap has a pair of GT90s (Thorn's take on P90) - blues monster.

I just gave away one with 2 single coils and a bridge hum/single. Each individually switchable, so good tonal range.
The hubcap has a pair of GT90s (Thorn's take on P90) - blues monster.

Back in the 90’s the tones in my head that I wanted were positions 2 & 4 on a Strat.

The whole guitar just felt better in my hands. The weight, it’s ergonomic design.

If only I’d have discovered PRS at that time.

Hence began my double-cut journey.

Back in the 90’s the tones in my head that I wanted were positions 2 & 4 on a Strat.

The whole guitar just felt better in my hands. The weight, it’s ergonomic design.

If only I’d have discovered PRS at that time.

Hence began my double-cut journey.
Back about 1971 we all gathered around my little black and white TV in my apartment in Ann Arbor, lit up some fine Columbian, and watched a PBS special on Roy Buchanan. We were all blown away. Figuratively and literally.

For a time, that searing bridge pickup tone of his and his jazzy neck pickup tone and the notes and chords and music he played was the sound I wanted. I found a 1951 Tele, had Dan Erlewine (who like me, lived in Ann Arbor, and was just starting out as a repair person) fix it up for me and for a while that was my main guitar.

Nothing sounds like a Tele except a Tele.

Last edited:
Imma still need 2-3 years in R&D but:

Tele shaped
Burds
Convex control plate
Move the switch from in front of the knobs to behind the knobs
Scoop in the cutaway
Available only in Tesla CyberTruck colors.
I like the cutaway scoop. Maybe a back scoop and forearm scoop too.

No birds tho.

T-style players are a bit conservative!

Back