Mastodon - New album streaming on iTunes now

gball

Public Service Announcement: the new Mastodon album, "Once More 'Round the Sun", is streaming on iTunes First Play right now - I've listened to it a couple of time so far and it is REALLY GOOD. I think it will stream the rest of the week if you want to check it out and the hit the stores next Tuesday and I am going to pick it up for sure.

Public Service Announcement: the new Mastodon album, "Once More 'Round the Sun", is streaming on iTunes First Play right now - I've listened to it a couple of time so far and it is REALLY GOOD. I think it will stream the rest of the week if you want to check it out and the hit the stores next Tuesday and I am going to pick it up for sure.

I preordered when it became available to do so. I've always enjoyed them. Crack the Skye is still one of the greatest records of all time in my book.

They have progressed as a band so much from one album to the next. Play "Call of the Mastodon" back to back with "the Hunter" and if I wasn't familiar with them I would think it was two completely different bands. "Blood Mountain" continues to be my favorite, but I will check this new one out.

I'm streaming it for the 3rd time right now (while watching World Cup no less) and it is amazing. Really a great record, and I agree that they are progressing in a fascinating way as a band.

Thank you for the heads up!

I've always enjoyed them. Crack the Skye is still one of the greatest records of all time in my book.
Right on, JFB!

Agreed. Crack the Skye and The Hunter are in regular rotation on myiPod.
I saw the Ghost/Opeth/Mastodon show in Knoxville a couple of years ago and Mastodon just killed. :rock: Blood Mountain, Crack the Skye, and The Hunter are all great Prog Metal albums.

Just started streaming this and on song two. Very impressed so far and really interested to hear the rest of the tracks. Really, really digging this.

Just started streaming this and on song two. Very impressed so far and really interested to hear the rest of the tracks. Really, really digging this.

I've listened all the way through 5 times so far and it keeps getting better with each listen. A killer album.

I'll have to check this out. I will be buying it, though. "Crack The Skye" was the album that broke them for me - I saw that tour with Dethklok. I was hugely impressed with Mastodon. Also saw the Ghost/Opeth/Mastodon tour - was terribly stunned at how many people left after Opeth. They really missed out. Didn't get to see this latest tour, but maybe next time.

I love the iTunes lets you listen to an album as much as you want. I've been streaming this record almost non-stop for the last couple days, even in the car, and it is becoming one of my favorite records.

Listened to this several times today.

Consider it bought!

HD Tracks as a hi-res version of a Mastodon album in its "Just Released" section, but that may simply mean "just released in high definition audio," not that it's a new album. Still, I try to buy music in at least 24/96 whenever possible, so you hi fi folks may want to check it out.

I can't stand listening to music via iTunes, the fidelity is so bad. I use Amarra, that plays back higher res files (and even those horrible mp3s that usually sound like cardboard) with much better sound. Its audio engine is based on the Izotope mastering engine, a much better sounding algorithm.

Back