Martin Barre

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mark cassidy, May 24, 2020.

1. mark cassidy

mark cassidy New Member

Hello again everybody!! Hope all is well with y'all!

Anyway, I was doing a little research for something I'm working on and I came across a picture of Martin Barre playing a PRS. SO I went to his website and lo and behold! I copied this and I hope I was not breaking any rules:

"My PRS guitars are my work-tools and they fly round the world fairly regularly.

They seem oblivious to temperature and humidity variations, out the case and straight on stage.

They cover all the sounds I can imagine in my mind and they respond to every touch and stroke!!!

I look after them personally, including stringing and tuning (it,s part of the job!!!)

Essentially I love them and have a great and respectful relationship with Paul Reed Smith, Bev Fowler and the wonderful craftspeople at the factory."

I happen to think very highly of Martin Barre as a player. I was, obviously, a Tull fan when I was a kid back int eh UK in another lifetime. I saw them play once in Edmonton in Canada. Anyway, I think this is a pretty good reference for PRS (as if he needs another on!)

dogrocketp, 11top, bodia and 2 others like this.
  2. Alnus Rubra

Alnus Rubra Loving nature’s wonders

Some great Tull videos of Martin using his 513 on you tube.

dogrocketp likes this.
  3. gwayne

gwayne New Member

I saw him in a small bar in ATL a couple years ago. He did a few Tull tunes (obviously) and some great blues tunes. He can also SHRED! I had never heard him play like that. I believe that night he played one guitar, a Custom 24, through a Soldano combo. His entire band was good and he had a great singer fronting the band. He really seemed to be enjoying himself and everyone there was showing the love. I highly recommend seeing him if you can.

dogrocketp likes this.