Martin Barre

mark cassidy

Hello again everybody!! Hope all is well with y'all!

Anyway, I was doing a little research for something I'm working on and I came across a picture of Martin Barre playing a PRS. SO I went to his website and lo and behold! I copied this and I hope I was not breaking any rules:

"My PRS guitars are my work-tools and they fly round the world fairly regularly.

They seem oblivious to temperature and humidity variations, out the case and straight on stage.

They cover all the sounds I can imagine in my mind and they respond to every touch and stroke!!!

I look after them personally, including stringing and tuning (it,s part of the job!!!)

Essentially I love them and have a great and respectful relationship with Paul Reed Smith, Bev Fowler and the wonderful craftspeople at the factory."

I happen to think very highly of Martin Barre as a player. I was, obviously, a Tull fan when I was a kid back int eh UK in another lifetime. I saw them play once in Edmonton in Canada. Anyway, I think this is a pretty good reference for PRS (as if he needs another on!)

I saw him in a small bar in ATL a couple years ago. He did a few Tull tunes (obviously) and some great blues tunes. He can also SHRED! I had never heard him play like that. I believe that night he played one guitar, a Custom 24, through a Soldano combo. His entire band was good and he had a great singer fronting the band. He really seemed to be enjoying himself and everyone there was showing the love. I highly recommend seeing him if you can.

Back