Marshall Amplification Sold

I have never owned a real Marshall. I am not sure why. I have been more of a Fender amp guy for some reason. I do have a Friedman Twin Sister which is based on a Marshall circuit that I like a lot. I came really close to buying a used Marshall 2x12 once. It was the JVM410C. They had it in a Guitar Center I was in and there was a guy playing through it and it sounded really good. It was a little more money than I wanted to put into it and was a really heaving amp and those made me pass on it. I thought about it for a few weeks after but moved on without it.

We were practicing in a place that had a number of rooms where you could rent and they had equipment in them. They had a JCM2000 that they just got back from the shop and they wanted to run it through the paces before they started using it as a backline amp and they asked me if I would use it for our practice session. I was more than happy to do that. I like that amp a good bit. It had the matching 4x12 cabinet with it. I have played through a few that I liked but just never bought one.

Has Anybody Really Bought A Proper Modern Marshall Branded Amp In The Last Decade?
I haven't, but I have thought about buying one of these:

I would also like to state that vintage Marshall Plexis and cabs of that era are pretty effing great!

I haven't, but I have thought about buying one of these:

I would also like to state that vintage Marshall Plexis and cabs of that era are pretty effing great!
These little fridges are great! I have had one for almost a decade. Agree on the old stuff being the good stuff.

Back