Marshall 2266c

gush

Where is that speedo pic
Hey guys, I have a fella wants to trade me a Marshall 2266c combo.

I've watched videos and some were awful some were good.

Opinions?

Hey guys, I have a fella wants to trade me a Marshall 2266c combo.

I've watched videos and some were awful some were good.

Opinions?

I think the design idea was to emulate the Clapton-era Bluesbreakers “Beano” tone, and then be able to go from there into later era Marshall tones.

This is one of those times that internet videos aren’t going to be all that useful, since a bunch of that sound is created with the controls on the guitar, and it’s such a guess as to how the demo person has set it up. Can you play the amp in question first?

I think the design idea was to emulate the Clapton-era Bluesbreakers “Beano” tone, and then be able to go from there into later era Marshall tones.

This is one of those times that internet videos aren’t going to be all that useful, since a bunch of that sound is created with the controls on the guitar, and it’s such a guess as to how the demo person has set it up. Can you play the amp in question first?

Wont be able to play it due to circumstances involved.

Just an opportunity to trade with stuff I'm not using.

This guy is going to be in an area I'm working in this week otherwise I wouldn't be able to travel and meet him.

I don’t have the 2266c, but I do have the 2266H and matching 425a 412 cab. I think it’s a fantastic amp. A few years ago I went Kemper. I sold off all my amps but for the 2266.

Wont be able to play it due to circumstances involved.

Just an opportunity to trade with stuff I'm not using.

This guy is going to be in an area I'm working in this week otherwise I wouldn't be able to travel and meet him.

I don't have an opinion on that Marshall but I am sure you can research its value. The big question though is what is that amps value to you? Is it something you are gonna use? Does it have more value to you than the stuff you are trading? If its just a swap for financial gain (ie the Amp is worth more to sell and/or hold on to to sell later on) or functional value (going to get much more use than the items you are trading), then it's worth doing. If its just a swap to get rid of stuff you are not using to be replaced by another item you are not using, getting rid of stuff of higher financial value for something that isn't financially equal then it makes no sense to trade.

This is true for any trade. If you don't know how the amp sounds to know whether or not to trade, try it first with your guitar. That way you have an idea of whether the amp has functional value to you and a quick look online may tell you if it has financial value to you. If it has no/little value, then its no point trading. I can't tell you whether or not you will like the sound of the amp with your set-up (no-one but you can determine if you like it) and only you can determine if it has a financial benefit as you can determine the cost of the item(s) you are trading and can find out the value of the amp. As such, only you will know if its worth trading or not - not me nor any others here can.

If it's for something you're not using, I say make the trade. You may find a diamond

I don't have an opinion on that Marshall but I am sure you can research its value. The big question though is what is that amps value to you? Is it something you are gonna use? Does it have more value to you than the stuff you are trading? If its just a swap for financial gain (ie the Amp is worth more to sell and/or hold on to to sell later on) or functional value (going to get much more use than the items you are trading), then it's worth doing. If its just a swap to get rid of stuff you are not using to be replaced by another item you are not using, getting rid of stuff of higher financial value for something that isn't financially equal then it makes no sense to trade.

This is true for any trade. If you don't know how the amp sounds to know whether or not to trade, try it first with your guitar. That way you have an idea of whether the amp has functional value to you and a quick look online may tell you if it has financial value to you. If it has no/little value, then its no point trading. I can't tell you whether or not you will like the sound of the amp with your set-up (no-one but you can determine if you like it) and only you can determine if it has a financial benefit as you can determine the cost of the item(s) you are trading and can find out the value of the amp. As such, only you will know if its worth trading or not - not me nor any others here can.

I like to ask folks on here about gear because I feel like I can get good solid answers about the gear in question.

The values of the trade deal I've already determined but not having played this amp I'm just looking for some guidance. I know an amps worth is subjective but depending on who responds and what they offer is actually a big help.

I like to ask folks on here about gear because I feel like I can get good solid answers about the gear in question.

The values of the trade deal I've already determined but not having played this amp I'm just looking for some guidance. I know an amps worth is subjective but depending on who responds and what they offer is actually a big help.

For some time, Robin Trower was touring with the 100 Watt version of that amp. He might still be, I heard a recording of his band while he was using it, and he sounded very good, just as he always does. Granted, his was a head, and the amp was more powerful, but I’d guess that the preamp section would be the same, and that the amps would at least sound similar.

I don’t know what amp he used on his most recent record, but he is a pretty staunch Marshall endorser, and it wouldn’t surprise me if he recorded with whatever he uses live. That record sounds very good, indeed.

Back