Mark Tremonti Instagram MT100 Tease

That’s exactly the setup I’ve been using in my band. I grabbed a Torpedo Cab M and Captor load box, so the whole rig (MT15 and small pedalboard I mounted the Cab M/Captor to) is hardly any larger than a big amp head. And certainly a heck of a lot smaller than even 1x12 cab. Plus, even when I do use a cab, I still bring the Cab M rather than a mic, because my ideal mic position and sound to the board is saved in the Cab M. Pretty ideal, if you have good sound and monitors. That’s part of why the MT100 needs to have more than just watts for me... the 15 is already seamlessly integrated into our band set.

That's great to hear! I might try a similar setup to that for home recording. If you don't mind me asking, which IR do you like to use with the MT15?

Mark Tremonti seems to be more of a real cab and mic guy but I saw some UA OX Top Boxes in some recent live shots so maybe they're changing things up at least for the direct sound going out to everyone.

That's great to hear! I might try a similar setup to that for home recording. If you don't mind me asking, which IR do you like to use with the MT15?

Mark Tremonti seems to be more of a real cab and mic guy but I saw some UA OX Top Boxes in some recent live shots so maybe they're changing things up at least for the direct sound going out to everyone.

There are a few I like with it, I use all Two Notes virtual cabs, mostly because they’re optimized for use with the Torpedo unit and accompanying Mac software remote. You can load “traditional” IR’s as well, like Celestion and Ownhammer, but you can’t use all the handy features like instant mic swaps, change mic positions, etc. They have many very good cabs in the Two Notes library and quite affordable, so it’s very optimal to use their stuff. Anyways, I like the “Fatzilla” Zilla oversize 2x12 w/V30’s, which is best all-around, the Mesa licensed Traditional Recto 4x12 (Live mic set), great for heavy stuff, the Mesa licensed 2x12 Recto is also good for an alternate voicing when needed. Another that I use is the “Free Rock2”, which is very tight and aticulate, but with some added midrange from the Cab M EQ, sounds much like my PRS SE 2x12, so I use that in situations that I would use the SE cab, or need to do my faux-mic trick.

Reactions: umo
There are a few I like with it, I use all Two Notes virtual cabs, mostly because they’re optimized for use with the Torpedo unit and accompanying Mac software remote. You can load “traditional” IR’s as well, like Celestion and Ownhammer, but you can’t use all the handy features like instant mic swaps, change mic positions, etc. They have many very good cabs in the Two Notes library and quite affordable, so it’s very optimal to use their stuff. Anyways, I like the “Fatzilla” Zilla oversize 2x12 w/V30’s, which is best all-around, the Mesa licensed Traditional Recto 4x12 (Live mic set), great for heavy stuff, the Mesa licensed 2x12 Recto is also good for an alternate voicing when needed. Another that I use is the “Free Rock2”, which is very tight and aticulate, but with some added midrange from the Cab M EQ, sounds much like my PRS SE 2x12, so I use that in situations that I would use the SE cab, or need to do my faux-mic trick.

Nice! I might get some of these. I've been mainly using the Two Notes licensed OS Mesa 4X12, Angl (Two Notes Engl cab), Celestions and Ownhammer stuff.

October 17th 2019 video upload but the interview might have been a week or two before so its a little old.

Mark Tremonti Interview. Pretty fun.

Around 3:40 till 5:20 Mark talks about the MT100

brief points that he mentions about the amp:

-Not dialled in just yet

-Gone through 3 revisions

-Last revision sounded pretty nice

-Only request was 'make it push more air'

-Tones were all great and clean tone sounds 'amazing'

-Mark looks for 'Open-back' clean tones may be different from most 100W amp heads for cleans.

-Dirty tone Incredible, Lead tone Incredible.

-It pushes air but wants it to push more air

-Will likely have a half power switch to go from 100W to 50W

-Won't put a date on it till they get the tones right and then will work on aesthetic which will likely match the front of the MT15 and then just put a shell around it

October 17th 2019 video upload but the interview might have been a week or two before so its a little old.

Mark Tremonti Interview. Pretty fun.

Around 3:40 till 5:20 Mark talks about the MT100

brief points that he mentions about the amp:

-Not dialled in just yet

-Gone through 3 revisions

-Last revision sounded pretty nice

-Only request was 'make it push more air'

-Tones were all great and clean tone sounds 'amazing'

-Mark looks for 'Open-back' clean tones may be different from most 100W amp heads for cleans.

-Dirty tone Incredible, Lead tone Incredible.

-It pushes air but wants it to push more air

-Will likely have a half power switch to go from 100W to 50W

-Won't put a date on it till they get the tones right and then will work on aesthetic which will likely match the front of the MT15 and then just put a shell around it

Thanks for posting! Makes sense now that I hear him say he wanted the clean tones to sound like an open back twin, because it does have that vibe, the low and ultra highs of the clean channel aren't as focused and "in your face" as many amps can be through a closed cab - not meaning that in a bad way, it's a great sound and fantastic for pedals, too.

Looking forward to seeing how the 100 tone compares to the 15, still hoping for some bonus features.

Reactions: umo
An arena will be the only place that would tolerate moving that much air. Anxious to see the final product, but I probably wouldn’t be able to use it, realistically. :(

An arena will be the only place that would tolerate moving that much air. Anxious to see the final product, but I probably wouldn’t be able to use it, realistically. :(

I agree, sadly.

In the section of the video where they’re talking about using attenuators to bring the volume down on the Recto and Archon, it made me scratch my head... why continue to combine two 100 watt heads to get a tone, and then throttle back the volume with attenuators... if only you had an amp that already had your perfect voicing, and was low wattage so you could push it without needing an attenuator...

Just me?

For me, it’ll likely boil down to if there’s a significant difference in tone and feel between the 15 and 100 mic’d/recorded. I don’t know how much that “punch” translates, and I’m mostly putting the 15 through IR’s, occasionally micing a cab, but hardly ever pushing the 15 watts to its peak ability.

Two things I noticed. He addressed that even at lower volumes, the 100 watt amps just have more punch and sound "bigger." He also mentioned the touchy nature of the 15's volume control and how it comes on very quickly at one spot, but said the 100 has a much smoother taper and I think he even said it was better at low volume because of this.

Back