Mark Tremonti Instagram MT100 Tease

Whoa. That's rad. The MT-15 was a ripper. I bet this thing is as well. Looking forward to hearing it throw down some chunk.

I saw that as well. Looks like there’s one additional control on the front... my guess is either a gain control for the rhythm channel, or a resonance control. But, who knows???

I kind of hope it’s resonance. I think the MT15 May be designed to be optimally paired with a 1x12, so it can actually be kind of thick (maybe excessively so) with 2 or 4x12 cabs.

Whoa. That's rad. The MT-15 was a ripper. I bet this thing is as well. Looking forward to hearing it throw down some chunk.
I'm really looking forward to hearing it too! Mark Tremonti uses dual amps for his live tone so I'm wondering how it would all come together in one head.

I saw that as well. Looks like there’s one additional control on the front... my guess is either a gain control for the rhythm channel, or a resonance control. But, who knows???

I kind of hope it’s resonance. I think the MT15 May be designed to be optimally paired with a 1x12, so it can actually be kind of thick (maybe excessively so) with 2 or 4x12 cabs.
Yea, me too. In Keith Merrow's video demoing the Archon, the Resonance was set relatively low and the 7 string guitars he and Jeff Loomis used sounded so clear and defined even without boosts.

I wonder how the MT100 sounds compared to the Archon 100.

Edited: Spelling

Real question on everyone's mind is: Will he keep the MT15 lights?

From the IG post i think it will look
The same
Maybe chrome panel as that Tremonti fav Recto
Probably res and pres
Same grill w Prs logo in silver
Same LEDs one channels

From the IG post i think it will look
The same
Maybe chrome panel as that Tremonti fav Recto
Probably res and pres
Same grill w Prs logo in silver
Same LEDs one channels
I can see that happening. That would also set it apart more from the PRS Archon 100 designs and other amps in the line-up.

Very modern design. Even the MT15 looks so 'industrial' and metal looking. It's pretty cool.

I remember some older interviews from the MT15 reveal that Mark Tremonti wanted to immediately work on the 100 Watt version. I don't know much about amps but, Doug Sewell, who designs PRS amps said that he could turn the MT15 into a 55 Watt amp in about half an hour or so.

But it's been awhile since then and it makes me think that there is still other stuff that was being worked on than just a louder MT15. Really gets me excited to hear it!

Then again testing, reviewing, and redesigning is time consuming and since this could be a touring amp it was always going to be a long process.

So after zooming in a bit, looks like there is from left to right:

Presence, Clean Channels' Master, Bass, Middle, Treble, then a switch for the Clean Channel Boost?, Volume and then the Gain Channels: Master, Bass, Middle, Treble, and Gain

Some black mark (?) between the Gain Channel's Master and Bass Control and probably the LED for the Gain Channel between the Treble and Gain knobs.

The amp really follows the control layout of the MT15, except with one additional Master Volume so that there is one for each channel.

Kinda Surprised there is no Resonance control, or Bright switches. Although controls could be enough to change the tone.

MT series of amps would be the only current amp line with no bright switches.

I wonder if Mark will also design a 4X12 matching cab for the amp. He uses an Oversized Mesa 4X12 with English Vintage 30's.

Currently the signature cabs available are the DG 2X12, JMOD 2X12 and MT 1X12

So after zooming in a bit, looks like there is from left to right:

Presence, Clean Channels' Master, Bass, Middle, Treble, then a switch for the Clean Channel Boost?, Volume and then the Gain Channels: Master, Bass, Middle, Treble, and Gain

Some black mark (?) between the Gain Channel's Master and Bass Control and probably the LED for the Gain Channel between the Treble and Gain knobs.

The amp really follows the control layout of the MT15, except with one additional Master Volume so that there is one for each channel.

Kinda Surprised there is no Resonance control, or Bright switches. Although controls could be enough to change the tone.

MT series of amps would be the only current amp line with no bright switches.

I wonder if Mark will also design a 4X12 matching cab for the amp. He uses an Oversized Mesa 4X12 with English Vintage 30's.

Currently the signature cabs available are the DG 2X12, JMOD 2X12 and MT 1X12

I recently acquired a Mesa 4x12, and the MT15 is definitely well suited to it. Those Mesa V30’s are really something.

Happy to see a volume and master on the clean. Although I wonder if the switch could be a bright switch? Seems like it wouldn’t be necessary to have a boost switch with the gain and master. But, maybe it doesn’t work that way.

I recently acquired a Mesa 4x12, and the MT15 is definitely well suited to it. Those Mesa V30’s are really something.

Happy to see a volume and master on the clean. Although I wonder if the switch could be a bright switch? Seems like it wouldn’t be necessary to have a boost switch with the gain and master. But, maybe it doesn’t work that way.

Yea, I can't really tell for sure because its blurry when zoomed in, but under the switch I thought it looked like BOOST but it could be BRIGHT.

Thought it followed the 'Pull boost' under the Treble knob of the MT15.

That's great to hear about the MT15 matching well with a Mesa 4X12! I wonder how similar the MT15 and MT100 would sound.

There were some comparisons on YouTube where the MT15 really held its own against much bigger and more expensive amps and in some other videos where it was being compared to the Archon 100 and it sounded very similar. Probably only a slight EQ knob twist away from being even closer.

At least that was the case in the setups of those videos and after Youtube, so maybe in person there are more obvious differences.

Yea, I can't really tell for sure because its blurry when zoomed in, but under the switch I thought it looked like BOOST but it could be BRIGHT.

Thought it followed the 'Pull boost' under the Treble knob of the MT15.

That's great to hear about the MT15 matching well with a Mesa 4X12! I wonder how similar the MT15 and MT100 would sound.

There were some comparisons on YouTube where the MT15 really held its own against much bigger and more expensive amps and in some other videos where it was being compared to the Archon 100 and it sounded very similar. Probably only a slight EQ knob twist away from being even closer.

At least that was the case in the setups of those videos and after Youtube, so maybe in person there are more obvious differences.

I wonder what the differences will be between the 15 and 100 as well. I love the 15, and to be honest, if the 100 is just a more power version, I'll probably stick with the 15. The 15 is already loud as all get out, I can't imagine using 100 watts of that. They just made it too dang good the first time! If it's essentially the same, I'll likely grab an Archon 50 head, just for variety. The Archon has bright switches and a resonance control, and I think the clean channel is a little more "shimmery" than the MT15, but other than that they are quite similar. Good choice to have to make.

Reactions: umo
I think the pull is likely on the mid pot same as 15
The 2 switches i feel are likely
The bright switches lifted from the Archon

I wonder what the differences will be between the 15 and 100 as well. I love the 15, and to be honest, if the 100 is just a more power version, I'll probably stick with the 15. The 15 is already loud as all get out, I can't imagine using 100 watts of that. They just made it too dang good the first time! If it's essentially the same, I'll likely grab an Archon 50 head, just for variety. The Archon has bright switches and a resonance control, and I think the clean channel is a little more "shimmery" than the MT15, but other than that they are quite similar. Good choice to have to make.
Yea thats what I've always heard that the MT15 is really loud!

Mark also runs it through a 4X12 and can be seen using it in some pre-production shots for their album 'Walk the Sky'. He even said he's been using it on other albums.

I think an MT15 through a Universal Audio OX Top Box or Suhr Reactive Load I.R would be a pretty cool set up for bands who go direct to PA and use in-ear monitoring or for home recording.

Kind of has some of the convenience of the Axe FX/Kemper but with a tube amp.

I think the pull is likely on the mid pot same as 15
The 2 switches i feel are likely
The bright switches lifted from the Archon
Bright switches could add some versatility to the head.

Yea thats what I've always heard that the MT15 is really loud!

Mark also runs it through a 4X12 and can be seen using it in some pre-production shots for their album 'Walk the Sky'. He even said he's been using it on other albums.

I think an MT15 through a Universal Audio OX Top Box or Suhr Reactive Load I.R would be a pretty cool set up for bands who go direct to PA and use in-ear monitoring or for home recording.

Kind of has some of the convenience of the Axe FX/Kemper but with a tube amp.

That’s exactly the setup I’ve been using in my band. I grabbed a Torpedo Cab M and Captor load box, so the whole rig (MT15 and small pedalboard I mounted the Cab M/Captor to) is hardly any larger than a big amp head. And certainly a heck of a lot smaller than even 1x12 cab. Plus, even when I do use a cab, I still bring the Cab M rather than a mic, because my ideal mic position and sound to the board is saved in the Cab M. Pretty ideal, if you have good sound and monitors. That’s part of why the MT100 needs to have more than just watts for me... the 15 is already seamlessly integrated into our band set.

Reactions: umo
Back