Mark Tremonti Baritone Limited Edition

except that its stained :-( Sorry. Love me some natural flamed maple.

Isn't that how life works? I've got a guitar with a flame Maple neck in natural finish but I would rather have one stained. hahaha

Isn't that how life works? I've got a guitar with a flame Maple neck in natural finish but I would rather have one stained. hahaha

oh man... my dream guitar is an artist pack CU24. Natural flamed top. Natural back. Natural maple neck and board. Hybrid hardware. If y'all would pitch in and get that for me, I'd pledge to take my pain the butt self off the forum forever :)

oh man... my dream guitar is an artist pack CU24. Natural flamed top. Natural back. Natural maple neck and board. Hybrid hardware. If y'all would pitch in and get that for me, I'd pledge to take my pain the butt self off the forum forever :)
Nah.... Its nice to have you here and your input. I feel you go a bit askew at times, but then again, don't we all. I hope you achieve that dream guitar!

Kevin

Wiki is irretrievably broken.
I disagree. You only lose the battle when you surrender. Now, I understand not having the time nor the wherewithal to deal with that noise, but you're effectively siding with them when you tell other people to give up.

I disagree. You only lose the battle when you surrender. Now, I understand not having the time nor the wherewithal to deal with that noise, but you're effectively siding with them when you tell other people to give up.

This isn't an 'us' vs 'them' thing in any shape or form. The premise of the site is unworkable.
Because people
Because intelligence bell curve
Because maturity bell curve

I can think of soooo many things I'd rather be doing that sparring with a single minded cretin who has camped out on Wiki and is determined to dumb his particular subject down to disproven terms stated in glaring non-English.

I never told anyone to give up. Tilt all you want.

Wiki is a loser as a citation. My opinion. YMMV.

Well it seems to jive with Paul's idea of what a hybrid baritone is. I didn't see much of an uproar over Holcomb's 25.5" "baritone". Grant it there may be some out there. I searched around and saw a few sites that mentioned 25.5 or more in regards to baritone lengths. I didn't find anything that was definitive. Most just mentioned longer than normal scale length. In regards to PRS, the norm is 25 or less. So 25.5 does fit in the category as far as PRS goes. If that's the criteria anyway.

Either way, I think what Tremonti is after is a slightly longer scale giving some benefits of a baritone while not totally forcing him too far from years of built up muscle memory.

To be fair, I just read Holcomb's details and it doesn't mention it being a baritone. May have been my impression along the way.

To be fair, I just read Holcomb's details and it doesn't mention it being a baritone. May have been my impression along the way.

I have a Holcomb and it is my downtune guitar. That is the whole reason I bought it. I keep it tuned to Drop C, it has jumbo frets and I have 10's installed. It did not come with the moniker of "baritone" but essentially it does the exact same job this new Tremonti model does so maybe they should just call it "The New Mark Tremonti Downtune Guitar" and drop the baritone label and then maybe people will quit fussing over the terminology.

I don't care what they call it. The more I think about it, it's a smart guitar for someone to buy that doesn't want to commit a bunch of money to a long scale baritone. You could use this in a variety of different ways. String it heavy for a baritone type in low tuning like B. Or someone who wants a drop D or C guitar but wants to keep lighter strings because they don't like the telephone wire feel. It's a cool tweener guitar for those that don't want to commit to a baritone.

Not to mention charcoal contour burst is dope. I've now talked myself into wanting one. :D

Just arrived late to the party but I'd like to share some of my opinion regarding baritone guitars. First of all, I dont like to use the name baritone because if I put 009string sets and tune it E to E, does it become a "regular" guitar? the baritone or low tunning guitar is never my main instrument. I use it most of the time to add something to the sound, so I tune it depending on the song I want to try it out. 2 things that I found out that I dont like is more then 6 strings guitars and long scales. so the "normal" baritones scale length like 28"and 27"strings are too much for me. The ones that I felt better were an old schecter that had a 26,5"scale length and a Reverend with 26 3/4". Felt perfect to me. I tried the 25,5"guitars with heavy strings but I found out that I preffer those 26"and something scale lenght with lighter string sets like 011 or 012.
just found a LTD M1000 multi scale guitar and that could be my thing, I didn't played it yet, but looks like specs that I can enjoy. the high E the scale length is 25'5 and the lower E is 26,5", so with the right set of strings I could tune to B and in theory will play and sound the way I want. we'll see

Back