Mark Holcomb Ltd Edition

Well gents. I got the call. Except that I wish I hadn't.

"Hi Mat. Got some not-so-good news for you. The guitar was damaged in shipping. The case is absolutely destroyed and there's a small chip out of the guitar. I suggest you come down and take a look and assess. The good news is that it wasn't shipped in the right case. They sent a standard case, so somewhere there's a paisley case that's not destroyed."

**** this ****, guys. Not sure what I did in this life or a previous life that's caused me so much misfortune, but it's positively aggravating.

Crying is imminent. Looks like I'm still on the island.

I am sorry to hear man. It killed me to read the posting as if it happaned to my own guitar.

So my dealer panicked and over reacted. There's no real damage to the guitar, but the case was destroyed. Luckily, the paisley case I DID order showed up after all. So, everything worked out and I'm happy.

Here's part 1 of my 2 part NGD pics. I'm no photographer, so my wife will be taking better ones tonight for me. However, until then.. ENJOY!

sIqvuDb.jpg

xf6oCXA.jpg

6Roo4KN.jpg

neP2d3O.jpg

oTzlxuD.jpg

7l6agy7.jpg

FYI... SUPER STOKED with the top I got.

Bitchin' top dude! Glad the guitar isn't damaged and only the case got it! That paisley case looks dope with the charcoal burst BTW. Congrats!

OMG I absolutely love your top! And that's great news that the guitar wasn't actually damaged! Can't wait for your full review of this thing! Congrats on your long-awaited NGD!!

Awesome man. I guess we weren't partners in another life! Glad everything worked out. Great looking guitar

Congratulations!! I'm glad it all worked out. That is truly one of, if not THE nicest top I've seen yet on this model. Enjoy!!!

Kevin

congrats FallOfHumanity! That is a gorgeous top!! It reminds me water ripples. And your wife is also an excellent photographer. I know because my dad was a photo journalist :)

I can't fathom how I got mine before either of you, to be honest. My only guess is that L&M might've not submitted their orders until the last day. They took the order from you, but did a mass submission on the last day of the order window, perhaps?

Not sure. I feel kinda bad though. I'm rooting for you guys though!

So I literally pitched a tent looking at those photos. Every finish is sick, but the Charcoal Burst on this guitar is so MADE for this guitar.

Fatefully clicked on my favorite guitar site to peruse the latest of new additions. Result?

HOLCOMB. INBOUND.

prs-mark-holcomb-signature-charcoal-burst-10-top-218673-7_%25287%2529__wwg_large.jpg

So I literally pitched a tent looking at those photos. Every finish is sick, but the Charcoal Burst on this guitar is so MADE for this guitar.

Fatefully clicked on my favorite guitar site to peruse the latest of new additions. Result?

HOLCOMB. INBOUND.

AWW HELL YISS! Congrats dude!

I'll post a review tonight, but all I can say is WOW. I literally don't know what else to say at this point in time. I've owned and played at least 10 different PRS USA models... this takes that experience to the next level. Everything is easy... just... Wow.

I am keeping my mind busy with work and Splatoon on Wii U.. also just got my full right are sleeve done so I am keep telling myself that I won't be able to play the guitar for a bit anyway. Here is an email I have received from Sean at PRS today:

"Thanks for contacting PRS Guitars.
The holdup on the Mark Holcomb model has been in waiting for the quilt maple used for the tops. Sorry for the inconveniance the guitar will be worth the wait."

HOLCOMB. INBOUND.

Awesome man! Welcome to the club! hahaha You won't regret it!

AWW HELL YISS! Congrats dude!

I'll post a review tonight, but all I can say is WOW. I literally don't know what else to say at this point in time. I've owned and played at least 10 different PRS USA models... this takes that experience to the next level. Everything is easy... just... Wow.

I'm glad you said that. I felt the same way! Even though I've never owned a USA PRS model, I've played TONS and I've never felt so immediately connected with any one of them like I did with this one. It just feels right. It honestly makes me feel like I might not have been as happy with buying any other core model (of course I could spec a very similar PS but I ain't got money for that! Nor would I have come up with these specs on my own). Not that I'm not going to try to buy more PRS in the future as I'm sure I could get pretty comfortable with most given enough time. But this Holcomb and I just clicked right away. I've played it every single day since I got it, sometimes for up to 6-8 hours at a time over the weekend. I just can't put this thing down!! :D SUPER happy customer here!

I am keeping my mind busy with work and Splatoon on Wii U.. also just got my full right are sleeve done so I am keep telling myself that I won't be able to play the guitar for a bit anyway. Here is an email I have received from Sean at PRS today:

"Thanks for contacting PRS Guitars.
The holdup on the Mark Holcomb model has been in waiting for the quilt maple used for the tops. Sorry for the inconveniance the guitar will be worth the wait."

That sucks man but it does seem like good timing considering your work, gaming binge and tattoo recovery. But you'll be off the island soon and it really will be worth the wait!

Day 90 -
Recovery. That "something" turned out to be populated. The crew saw my signal fire and radioed it in. And while I am very happy to be leaving behind that forsaken place, I can't help but wonder about the others that I met. What will become of them? The ship waited for a day, but no one came to leave. Did I imagine them? Was it the island keeping me company? The mind plays tricks, but it was all too real. I wish them well.

I'm not going to float this one out to sea. No, I'm going to leave it here, pinned to this tree. To the others, I hope this message helps you. The ship's captain wants to leave now, so I must end this here.

Stay strong.

Something about writing that final message in a bottle made me a little sad. I know I just did it primarily as humor value, but there was something about those messages that eased things. It became a part of me for 3 months. Ah well, this pic dump takes the edge off:

oB1lqkG.jpg

7TxNv3H.jpg

j4w4rLy.jpg

pyLx9Uh.jpg

YgKTa8s.jpg

6IwncS2.jpg

1Ous4Pv.jpg

lVA6XYx.jpg

20pa6Yd.jpg

4Ny9QEL.jpg

hahaha yeah I think we all enjoyed your island updates. I totally get what you mean though...when I finally got my Holcomb, I was a little sad that the anticipation and anxious waiting was over. As agonizing as it was, every day I looked forward to coming to the forum and talking with you guys about how much we wished we had them. lol as stupid as that sounds. But I am really happy that now I'm playing guitar so much more than I have in the past 10 years and am really liking what I hear coming out...and I haven't felt like I've improved as a guitarist in all that time until now because this thing has me playing so much! and I have this guitar to thank for all of that. the rollercoaster of emotions, the building of camaraderie amongst other anxious souls, and now the nurturing of my one true passion in life. Not to get all sappy and deep and ****, but this guitar has totally renewed me as a human in a lot of ways.

ok enough lame fan-boy-esque praising out of me. :)

hahaha yeah I think we all enjoyed your island updates. I totally get what you mean though...when I finally got my Holcomb, I was a little sad that the anticipation and anxious waiting was over. As agonizing as it was, every day I looked forward to coming to the forum and talking with you guys about how much we wished we had them. lol as stupid as that sounds. But I am really happy that now I'm playing guitar so much more than I have in the past 10 years and am really liking what I hear coming out...and I haven't felt like I've improved as a guitarist in all that time until now because this thing has me playing so much! and I have this guitar to thank for all of that. the rollercoaster of emotions, the building of camaraderie amongst other anxious souls, and now the nurturing of my one true passion in life. Not to get all sappy and deep and ****, but this guitar has totally renewed me as a human in a lot of ways.

ok enough lame fan-boy-esque praising out of me. :)

It's okay. <3 you too, bae.

Back