Mark Holcomb Ltd Edition

I just have to say, after a thorough stress-relief Holcomb session after work this afternoon, that this guitar is among the very best I've played. The whole package is just that. PRS has forged a weapon of formidable legend! SUCH A B!TCH!N AXE!!!!!!

I'm so glad everyone here feels the same way I do about this axe. At first I just figured that maybe I was so impressed mostly due to my lack of real experience with PRS guitars. Now I know that it's not just me. Really hoping that this overwhelming response will cause them to begone producing more axes with similar specs.

The only bugger about his 7 string is that it's 26.5 in scale length. However...this is what I need. I need a USA 7 string PRS. Hard tail is better for me, ebony board makes my heart race, and the finish, beautiful.

Finally got a confirmation from my dealer that my guitar has been built and shipped... should be arriving in next week or two. I have been playing my DGT quite a bit and it should be fun to compare them.

It has arrived! Sadly I am in my office with tons of work so I will have to wait till 5:30 to pick it up.

Here are some pics!

https://instagram.com/p/422LfEs3Kf/?taken-by=bnzboy

https://instagram.com/p/4205PXs3Io/?taken-by=bnzboy

I won't repeat what others already mentioned too much. Overall it is an excellent guitar! I will have to set the action lower and put a 11-52 set. I found the guitar sounding very tamed compared to my Jim Root strat (mahogany body/maple neck/ebony fretboard/sh-14/liquifire)..perhaps because of these new pickups? That is weird because sh-14 is an alnico pickup where as Holcomb sets are both ceramics. Time to break in!

Stoked for you man.....looks like it was worth the wait; it is beautiful!

As for me......am I officially "last one on the island?" Haha! :)

Hopefully you will get your hands on it soon VHTStark! I am sure there are lots of folks out there waiting for theirs to arrive.. I just can't believe I was the first CAD customer to order one and received it after 6 months. PRS service rep Sean Littleton was super nice though; great customer service and ensured that the guitar will arrive soon.

Stoked for you man.....looks like it was worth the wait; it is beautiful!

As for me......am I officially "last one on the island?" Haha! :)

Damn dude, that's tough. I really wish I understood I got mine before everyone, despite ordering 3 days from the end of the window closing. As I said before, the only explanation I can think of is that L&M got a mass amount of orders, and didn't submit them until the last day, to save from having to do it all manually one by one.

I hope yours comes in soon!

I like Omega. It is tight but not harsh. Also it has the right amount of warmth which is really surprising considering it is a ceramic pickup. It certainly sounds different than any other ceramic pickups I have tried. I hear B/M/T as 5/7/6 but I might be terribly off. It is probably one of my favorite pickups I have ever tried.

Alpha on the other hand I might need some more time to get used to it. I can see Alpha shine from an excellent player as it is very clear sounding but man it is quite unforgivable for a noob like me as I can hear all my mistakes and "cheating" speedy notes. I am sure I will get used to it but at this point I am really attached to Liquifire which feels a lot easier to play.

Maybe the fact Alpha being an honest pickup combined with huge DGT frets has got me realized my true finger dexterity..man honestly these frets feel so big especially as you go beyond 12th fret. Anywhere between 17-24 feels very cramped but feels great when you bend/slide strings.

Also split positions are very spanky sounding and fun to play. Stratcity!

P.S I just got it back from a shop after a minor setup and MAN it plays so well. What a huge difference! I feel a lot more comfortable playing and upper frets feel way more playable.

Last edited:
found my first bummer with this guitar. Not a huge one at all but just was different than I was expecting. I went to add a little neck relief and re-do the setup and went to take off the truss rod cover and what do I find? It's metal! Probably going to find an ebony cover to replace it. Didn't really need the "Holcomb" on the guitar anyway. I just have to keep explaining to everyone who he is so this will make that question cease to rear it's ugly head.

Back