Mark Holcomb Ltd Edition

You know what else is worth noting is the satin finish. It's extremely comfortable and has a great feel on the back of the neck. I have an unfinished maple neck on a super Strat that I absolutely love, and it reminds me of that. It's worth consideration as a Private Stock future box-check. The Waring model, I believe, is satin also. Looks good, too.

You know what else is worth noting is the satin finish. It's extremely comfortable and has a great feel on the back of the neck. I have an unfinished maple neck on a super Strat that I absolutely love, and it reminds me of that. It's worth consideration as a Private Stock future box-check. The Waring model, I believe, is satin also. Looks good, too.

hahaha, I agree, I loved the satin feel on the neck. I say loved because i've played it so much it's now a high gloss. :( but that's nothing a little sanding can't take care of. :D

Glad to hear your loving it too! What kind of stuff have you been playing with it?

I've been learning:

The Bad Thing - Periphery
Breeze - Bulb
Passenger - Haunted Shores

I have also been playing my own stuff / noodling / riffing. I can't believe how different, in the best way possible, this guitar is from the other PRSi I've owned. Everything just.. works for me.

I've been learning:

The Bad Thing - Periphery
Breeze - Bulb
Passenger - Haunted Shores

I have also been playing my own stuff / noodling / riffing. I can't believe how different, in the best way possible, this guitar is from the other PRSi I've owned. Everything just.. works for me.

nice! I've been working on The Bad Thing too. such a fuckin rocking song! I'm having some trouble with that bridge-solo section...those riffs are all over the place! lol Also been working on my own stuff too. First time I've felt musically creative in years. was nice to fire up PT again and lay some tracks. also having fun recording $h!t in JamUp Pro and messing with amp/cab model sets in Bias. such fun little apps. also been working on my soloing knowledge a little more since this thing makes me feel like I play like all the pros. lol...worked on memorizing some unfamiliar scale modes I never really used before and just jamming on top of backing tracks on youtube. so much fun and this guitar is so versatile! any style I play to I can find a tone setting to match. This guitar really has been an unreal experience for me. Glad you're feeling the same thing! :)

random thought. Anyone know whether they used Nitro or V12 on the Holcombs? I wanna say they're Nitro. I just feel it.

Filled with mixed emotions here...taking my step son on a camping trip for his bday the next three days. Super stoked about that...but man I'm gonna miss my Holcomb! :( this will be the longest I've been without playing it and I'm already feeling the withdrawals. Lol

I honesty think this model is one of THE best PRS I've owned to date. So muc so that Holcomb #2 will be joining the group next week! :D

B611E4D5-347B-4197-9FF2-1E46C50863DA_zpsnpf3sxyw.jpg

I honesty think this model is one of THE best PRS I've owned to date. So muc so that Holcomb #2 will be joining the group next week! :D

B611E4D5-347B-4197-9FF2-1E46C50863DA_zpsnpf3sxyw.jpg

Absolutely EPIC Matt! I want of one of these so bad, but the incoming 7 string is just eating up my wallet.

You guys need to post some NGDs for these. I want moar pics :D!!

Absolutely EPIC Matt! I want of one of these so bad, but the incoming 7 string is just eating up my wallet.You guys need to post some NGDs for these. I want moar pics :D!!
Yeah once I have both here I'll snap pics of them together. Had to delay shipment as I'm out of town for my brother's wedding this weekend and the guitar would have been sitting in a hot depot all weekend otherwise. :( Next week will be a good week! :D

Holy! Congrats on #2.

As for being one of the best models. I have to agree. I've owned McCarty models, cu24s, cu22s, etc.

While I have nothing bad to say about any of them, this model takes everything to the next level.

Back