Mark Holcomb Ltd Edition

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by DuncanCE22, Jan 6, 2015.

1. jfb

jfb Plank Owner

Yep and yep. Or as Mark would say...yipyip.

2. themike

themike New Member

Can a dealer confirm that these guitars come with Stainless Steel frets?

3. shinksma

shinksma What? I get a title?

I must be a bit dough-headed today: where did you pick up these might come with SS frets?

4. Hedonismbot

Hedonismbot I apologize for nothing!

Personally, I always have every guitar I buy set-up to my standards after purchase. Just preference is all.

5. themike

themike New Member

Mark himself. I just know PRS' stance on SS frets so I'm really really curious if its actually happening....and in core!

6. HighGain510

HighGain510 Just one more...

Appears Mark was either misinformed or this spec changed. Just confirmed with a dealer (who confirmed with PRS) that these DO NOT have Stainless Steel fretwire. They will have standard nickel silver wire like all production PRS. Knew that was too good to be true. ;)

7. Coldvisions34

Coldvisions34 New Member

Anybody get a chance to inquire about price on one of these yet? Would love to have an idea about how much more im about to go in debt to Guitar Center for lol.

8. XiXora

XiXora New Member

Saw them for £3700 preorder at project music.
    Paul's Guitar is usually ~£3350 if that is any indication of price where you are.

9. vchizzle

vchizzle Zomb!e Nine, DFZ

This is a very cool guitar. Not for me, but super sweet none-the-less. I could never get along with the flat radius.

10. ProjectMusicUK

ProjectMusicUK UK Authorised PRS Dealer
    Authorized PRS Dealer

11. HANGAR18

HANGAR18 What Would Evel Knievel Do?

I think if PRS ever offered to make a HANGAR18 Signature Model guitar, I think it would wind up being something very standard that they already offer (or have offered) in their core line. It seems like a paradox to me that someone will say "I've liked PRS guitars for x# years" and then when they get their own signature model guitar, they come up with all these crazy specs. I guess I'm just not that picky.

12. themike

themike New Member

#32 themike, Jan 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2015
  13. VHTStark

VHTStark New Member

I haven't bought a new PRS since 2007.....so I think I am due. Specs are pretty much exactly what I would get if I ordered a private stock, so I don't think I am gonna pass this one up. That Holcomb burst/charcoal iteration is stunning a well.
    25.5" scale custom 24 with an ebony board, maple neck and string through body is pretty much my idea of a perfect....and ultra classy... looking shred stick.

14. FallOfHumanity

FallOfHumanity A Canadian

So I'm about to order one of these guitars on Tuesday, but I can't find anywhere that lists which colors come with a binding. Some do, some don't.

As for the question about SS frets, I believe Mark's personal guitar was made with SS frets, and the production models will use DGT frets.

15. Shauncho

Shauncho Mr. Impatient

From what I've seen from some of the marketing photos and images from NAMM, the Holcomb Burst doesn't come with binding but it looks like the black cherry and charcoal burst do. Not sure about the other colors. Might be a question for your dealer to answer.

16. Djames

Djames New Member

If I had the cash right now I'd be ordering this. It's got everything I'd want on a Prs. Part of me wishes that Prs would offer a 25.5" neck on other models but I get why they don't, I'm sure for most it's just not needed.

17. FallOfHumanity

Well that's good. I like the binding on the Charcoal burst, which is the color I'm going to get. I'm talking with my dealer tomorrow afternoon. I'll get the full spec list go through it with him.

Thanks.

18. Shauncho

Shauncho Mr. Impatient

ditto, I ordered the charcoal burst. I really like the way the binding looks with that color. Man, I can't wait to get it. The anticipation is killing me.

19. FallOfHumanity

What are the chances it'll look like the one pictured on the site, do you think? That's my main concern. I heard the tops were supposed to be near artist grade quality, but the site has them listed as 10-tops. I've gambled so many times on 10-tops. Some look amazing, others less so. My last 10 was almost PS quality. the 10 before that I thought the "10" was a mistake, lol. :rofl:

I love the one pictured on the site. If I opened the box and it looked like that, I'd be super happy.

20. Shauncho

Shauncho Mr. Impatient

Yeah the one on the website I'm sure probably was PS. I've only heard of them being 10 tops so I'm sure they'll be subject to the occasional "mistaken" 10s. Hopefully not ours! :D

#40 Shauncho, Mar 2, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2015