Mark Holcomb Ltd Edition

Well since it's the Mark Holcomb signature model and a lot of guys they're targeting are Periphery fans, it makes sense since that's a tuning they use all the time. Personally, I love the fact that they're shipping these in Drop-C, nothing lame about it... would save ME some pain. ;)

Agreed, this is my only complaint. Kept me from ordering the Dustie sig as well. They should allow you to at LEAST have 2 neck options for some of these limited run dealios. Pattern Regular on a CU24 is glorious, that's the neck I have on my AP CU24 and it is absolutely perfect. Thin enough for shred, fat enough for comfort and makes the tone a bit fuller due to more mass in the neck. :rock:

Yep and yep. Or as Mark would say...yipyip.

Can a dealer confirm that these guitars come with Stainless Steel frets?

I must be a bit dough-headed today: where did you pick up these might come with SS frets?

Mark himself. I just know PRS' stance on SS frets so I'm really really curious if its actually happening....and in core!

Mark himself. I just know PRS' stance on SS frets so I'm really really curious if its actually happening....and in core!

Appears Mark was either misinformed or this spec changed. Just confirmed with a dealer (who confirmed with PRS) that these DO NOT have Stainless Steel fretwire. They will have standard nickel silver wire like all production PRS. Knew that was too good to be true. ;)

Anybody get a chance to inquire about price on one of these yet? Would love to have an idea about how much more im about to go in debt to Guitar Center for lol.

Saw them for £3700 preorder at project music.
Paul's Guitar is usually ~£3350 if that is any indication of price where you are.

This is a very cool guitar. Not for me, but super sweet none-the-less. I could never get along with the flat radius.

I think if PRS ever offered to make a HANGAR18 Signature Model guitar, I think it would wind up being something very standard that they already offer (or have offered) in their core line. It seems like a paradox to me that someone will say "I've liked PRS guitars for x# years" and then when they get their own signature model guitar, they come up with all these crazy specs. I guess I'm just not that picky.

I haven't bought a new PRS since 2007.....so I think I am due. Specs are pretty much exactly what I would get if I ordered a private stock, so I don't think I am gonna pass this one up. That Holcomb burst/charcoal iteration is stunning a well.
25.5" scale custom 24 with an ebony board, maple neck and string through body is pretty much my idea of a perfect....and ultra classy... looking shred stick.

So I'm about to order one of these guitars on Tuesday, but I can't find anywhere that lists which colors come with a binding. Some do, some don't.

As for the question about SS frets, I believe Mark's personal guitar was made with SS frets, and the production models will use DGT frets.

From what I've seen from some of the marketing photos and images from NAMM, the Holcomb Burst doesn't come with binding but it looks like the black cherry and charcoal burst do. Not sure about the other colors. Might be a question for your dealer to answer.

If I had the cash right now I'd be ordering this. It's got everything I'd want on a Prs. Part of me wishes that Prs would offer a 25.5" neck on other models but I get why they don't, I'm sure for most it's just not needed.

From what I've seen from some of the marketing photos and images from NAMM, the Holcomb Burst doesn't come with binding but it looks like the black cherry and charcoal burst do. Not sure about the other colors. Might be a question for your dealer to answer.

Well that's good. I like the binding on the Charcoal burst, which is the color I'm going to get. I'm talking with my dealer tomorrow afternoon. I'll get the full spec list go through it with him.

Thanks.

ditto, I ordered the charcoal burst. I really like the way the binding looks with that color. Man, I can't wait to get it. The anticipation is killing me.

ditto, I ordered the charcoal burst. I really like the way the binding looks with that color. Man, I can't wait to get it. The anticipation is killing me.

What are the chances it'll look like the one pictured on the site, do you think? That's my main concern. I heard the tops were supposed to be near artist grade quality, but the site has them listed as 10-tops. I've gambled so many times on 10-tops. Some look amazing, others less so. My last 10 was almost PS quality. the 10 before that I thought the "10" was a mistake, lol. :rofl:

I love the one pictured on the site. If I opened the box and it looked like that, I'd be super happy.

What are the chances it'll look like the one pictured on the site, do you think? That's my main concern. I heard the tops were supposed to be near artist grade quality, but the site has them listed as 10-tops. I've gambled so many times on 10-tops. Some look amazing, others less so. My last 10 was almost PS quality. the 10 before that I thought the "10" was a mistake, lol. :rofl:

I love the one pictured on the site. If I opened the box and it looked like that, I'd be super happy.

Yeah the one on the website I'm sure probably was PS. I've only heard of them being 10 tops so I'm sure they'll be subject to the occasional "mistaken" 10s. Hopefully not ours! :D

Last edited:
Back