Mark Holcomb fretboard radius

Chiliphil1

Hey everyone, I've been looking at getting a core PRS lately and the Mark Holcomb really grabs my attention, the only thing I wonder about is the 20" radius fretboard. I know this is a tough question to answer but what's that gonna feel like? Is it something I will notice when playing? How will it chord with it being that flat? Does anyone have any personal experience with them?

Thanks for any help. I ask here because no where around me is going to have one so buying one of these would be sight un seen and I would hate to spend that dough and hate the thing because of the flat fretboard.. Thanks again.

In case you didn't know, the Holcomb models were a limited run and pre-orders ended already. The only way you'll be able to get one new is through a dealer that ordered some in for stock. Other than that, you'll have to wait until used ones start popping up in a year from now.

Guitars with the most flat radius fretboard I have is my Jackson DKA7 (16"). I also have Fender Jim Root strat (12"-16" compound) and Musicman JP6 (15"). These guitars deinitely feel faster than my strat (9.5"). So far 12-16 is my favourite and it just feels natural to me. I am sure 20" will be awesome to play as well.

P.S I have heard Holcomb will have the same fret size (different radius) as DGT. DGTs got some big frets which I find it very comfortable to play. BIg Frets with flatter radius = yummyyyy

Last edited:
In case you didn't know, the Holcomb models were a limited run and pre-orders ended already. The only way you'll be able to get one new is through a dealer that ordered some in for stock. Other than that, you'll have to wait until used ones start popping up in a year from now.

There are several online retailers with them available for order, my guess would be that they ordered many for stock and are still doing pre orders in anticipation of them arriving. Hopefully they will still be there when I am ready to pull the trigger.

Last edited:
Back