Mans best friend....the thread...l'll start...

Here is my fur baby’s 16th birthday

9NY4fAA.jpg

exrvQv5.jpg

My sweet Dixie girl is gone.

Yesterday morning she started throwing up grass. Not unlike her. She didn't eat breakfast, which is very unlike her. She was still sick, then she threw up a decent chunk of a rope pull toy, so we thought that was perhaps it. She didn't eat dinner, and was vomiting more through the evening, and she was clearly miserable all night, waking us up frequently to take her outside.

We called our vet at 8 am and had her scheduled for 11. Dixie couldn't even get up to walk to the car, we carried her in a blanket. The vet came out to the car to meet us, and she felt a mass in Dixie's abdomen. She said it was either an obstruction or cancer. She could have done exploratory surgery, as x-rays won't show soft obstructions like socks, but she said at Dixie's age it was 50/50 at best for her survival of the surgery. She also said the recovery would be long and painful for her. So, we made the call no one wants to make. We stayed with Dixie til the end, and it was very peaceful.

Run free, sweet Dixie, and say hi to Rosie for me.

DixieHi.jpg
Sooo very sorry, Aahzz.

This is Lucy. My best friend and music critic for 13 yrs. Unfortunately she has become very ill recently and I might have to put her down by week's end. She can't get up and lost her appetite. Doc thinks might be cancer, but at her age, I don't want to put her through all that testing. Trying pain killers and anti inflammatory for now, but it doesn't look good. She will be sorely missed.
JTQWOWb-eC9JgQARU1ThuJegGMgW5EAFmMLVsOdtxX6CW8VpuHGa3dCLAsBJayG1kOf9uJrC6cBfmgY7msHVdI0tbehQmOIgYUCZS0IQ4timgx7yXNZt6Ly-XjChvxz842PydKmjVzoBhjpYGOmzBn7NNQ3R4Q9VSh69jiU8K13NRlR7OLoGHH9L3k5npLb7uG2xLiuCu37SZINgxN3WO4LqhCmRGPG15J9s9pCzYlW9Fw0T93byJyKxqnDtCNirGCNs9QNUDYGrdW_ZkxvZdhAJgMHGkzY0RmYU56j7KsAKYtUxsprvFnz4egc2ItHw2FaS3Rc0BGVvvjq8E4_4EHPWgCgQUFrTqn0ovHwahzMXpBxOe7JoNI1PE898oZy-vZMOF09GFtYaekI-hFeTM0AJaZmnlA-tkC3Rs_ukfTMUlEHMVZqfYER3-2MgK2MMh6DY2JvLTCLQZZyqw-LyMyQ_KeZJwyfod7B0_As5GRWSEqlbPxezieAAX4zSmnA0l4d0XScXO6Yw6LVPPbPVdoQ8wP8xjzNQs8iE9aVJ_n-LUFgbpRjYbihC_B1oHSVX6AZsOfANuJCleDr7tSncyCERAVxD3wrgyJ_SzFCBcnpM882Q0Y-SvXMJNX2FLB9zTO4ByZRvsoftG-PNUB7VsEX9FKW6JrSJ_jnZNJnYONqnOZg_iMX3AiWC5AGXyaorV4S1xnpyrr9Tx2VZl4fTcTpl-WvEdggWt016tyh4NnQVMAyZOJiHhWShftWjQA=w1068-h1432-no

This is Lucy. My best friend and music critic for 13 yrs. Unfortunately she has become very ill recently and I might have to put her down by week's end. She can't get up and lost her appetite. Doc thinks might be cancer, but at her age, I don't want to put her through all that testing. Trying pain killers and anti inflammatory for now, but it doesn't look good. She will be sorely missed.
JTQWOWb-eC9JgQARU1ThuJegGMgW5EAFmMLVsOdtxX6CW8VpuHGa3dCLAsBJayG1kOf9uJrC6cBfmgY7msHVdI0tbehQmOIgYUCZS0IQ4timgx7yXNZt6Ly-XjChvxz842PydKmjVzoBhjpYGOmzBn7NNQ3R4Q9VSh69jiU8K13NRlR7OLoGHH9L3k5npLb7uG2xLiuCu37SZINgxN3WO4LqhCmRGPG15J9s9pCzYlW9Fw0T93byJyKxqnDtCNirGCNs9QNUDYGrdW_ZkxvZdhAJgMHGkzY0RmYU56j7KsAKYtUxsprvFnz4egc2ItHw2FaS3Rc0BGVvvjq8E4_4EHPWgCgQUFrTqn0ovHwahzMXpBxOe7JoNI1PE898oZy-vZMOF09GFtYaekI-hFeTM0AJaZmnlA-tkC3Rs_ukfTMUlEHMVZqfYER3-2MgK2MMh6DY2JvLTCLQZZyqw-LyMyQ_KeZJwyfod7B0_As5GRWSEqlbPxezieAAX4zSmnA0l4d0XScXO6Yw6LVPPbPVdoQ8wP8xjzNQs8iE9aVJ_n-LUFgbpRjYbihC_B1oHSVX6AZsOfANuJCleDr7tSncyCERAVxD3wrgyJ_SzFCBcnpM882Q0Y-SvXMJNX2FLB9zTO4ByZRvsoftG-PNUB7VsEX9FKW6JrSJ_jnZNJnYONqnOZg_iMX3AiWC5AGXyaorV4S1xnpyrr9Tx2VZl4fTcTpl-WvEdggWt016tyh4NnQVMAyZOJiHhWShftWjQA=w1068-h1432-no
Just thinking about what your going through makes me sooo sad, because I will eventually have to go through this situation myself. Keep faith brother.

This sucks. We went through it just over 2 years ago with one of ours. He was 16, and I probably waited a couple of months longer than I should have.

This sucks. We went through it just over 2 years ago with one of ours. He was 16, and I probably waited a couple of months longer than I should have.
Yeah, I'm sitting here doubting whether I should do it, but just watching her struggle to get up and then fall seals the deal for me. I can't watch her suffer. Love her too much.

Yeah, I'm sitting here doubting whether I should do it, but just watching her struggle to get up and then fall seals the deal for me. I can't watch her suffer. Love her too much.

As hard as it was - it is love that has us end their suffering -- that does not make it any easier on us - I was a wreck for weeks but I know my big guy was no longer in any pain once I put him down

WOW who is chopping onions in here?

So sorry you're going through this, I can certainly relate right now - it sucks, and it hurts, but it's the best thing we can do for them.

Our six month old Shelties - Luna and Wolfgang
CAN8o6d.jpg

Worthy of mention is my Chihuahua Lacey whom I called Chalupa. She crossed the rainbow bridge a few months ago. She had a good 17 year run and was loved. I miss her healing ways...
KO9R4by.jpg

Yay for the shelties, so sorry for your loss of Lacey.

OK, you guys aren't gonna believe this. I still can't. We put Lucy down last Wed. It was a horrible day. 5 days later, yesterday, we had to put down our 16yr old chihuahua MoMo. He went from 60 to 0 in the days following Lucy's death. Lymphoma and a broken heart. The house is TOO DAMN QUIET! I'm one of those people who can't be without a dog. I already started looking for another Lab. I think Lucy would want it that way.
Sorry if I bummed you guys out.

OK, you guys aren't gonna believe this. I still can't. We put Lucy down last Wed. It was a horrible day. 5 days later, yesterday, we had to put down our 16yr old chihuahua MoMo. He went from 60 to 0 in the days following Lucy's death. Lymphoma and a broken heart. The house is TOO DAMN QUIET! I'm one of those people who can't be without a dog. I already started looking for another Lab. I think Lucy would want it that way.
Oh man, I am so sorry to hear that. Just crushed.

My sincere condolences on the loss of your two family members

Back