Mans best friend....the thread...l'll start...

I know this is a Dog thread, but this is apparently my new best friend...(My cousins 17 yo rescue cat)

jmou1ik.jpg

What a bonnie face!

My sweet Dixie girl is gone.

Yesterday morning she started throwing up grass. Not unlike her. She didn't eat breakfast, which is very unlike her. She was still sick, then she threw up a decent chunk of a rope pull toy, so we thought that was perhaps it. She didn't eat dinner, and was vomiting more through the evening, and she was clearly miserable all night, waking us up frequently to take her outside.

We called our vet at 8 am and had her scheduled for 11. Dixie couldn't even get up to walk to the car, we carried her in a blanket. The vet came out to the car to meet us, and she felt a mass in Dixie's abdomen. She said it was either an obstruction or cancer. She could have done exploratory surgery, as x-rays won't show soft obstructions like socks, but she said at Dixie's age it was 50/50 at best for her survival of the surgery. She also said the recovery would be long and painful for her. So, we made the call no one wants to make. We stayed with Dixie til the end, and it was very peaceful.

Run free, sweet Dixie, and say hi to Rosie for me.

DixieHi.jpg

Yesterday morning she started throwing up grass. Not unlike her. She didn't eat breakfast, which is very unlike her. She was still sick, then she threw up a decent chunk of a rope pull toy, so we thought that was perhaps it. She didn't eat dinner, and was vomiting more through the evening, and she was clearly miserable all night, waking us up frequently to take her outside.

We called our vet at 8 am and had her scheduled for 11. Dixie couldn't even get up to walk to the car, we carried her in a blanket. The vet came out to the car to meet us, and she felt a mass in Dixie's abdomen. She said it was either an obstruction or cancer. She could have done exploratory surgery, as x-rays won't show soft obstructions like socks, but she said at Dixie's age it was 50/50 at best for her survival of the surgery. She also said the recovery would be long and painful for her. So, we made the call no one wants to make. We stayed with Dixie til the end, and it was very peaceful.

That's sad, what a beautiful dog. How old was she?

DixieHi.jpg
So sorry for your loss. She will have a special place in the hereafter, waiting for you to meet again.

Condolences Aahzz. Always a tough call. Remember the good time.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.

– Author Unknown

Crushing Dude! So sorry for your loss!! As already mentioned, remember the good times, that is all we have left when our loved ones move on!!! Kind of trippy that I wrote a song this morning about an hour before reading this thread titled "I Wrote My Will". I have been facing some medical stuff in my life that has me pondering mortality and all, so this coincidence does not go unnoticed!!!! Stay strong and live long Brother!!!!!

Back