Mannmade Bridge for S2 - worth it?

Threepiece

Hi There,

So I see a million threads about folks with SE's getting Mann made bridges, but not really about S2. I have an S2c24. I like it, and have always thought the bridge was fine, but ran across the Mann made bridges and heard that they are as good or better than core, etc.

Is this something that folks recommend as an upgrade for an S2? If so, is there a particular model (the website had about 4 or so different models).

For potential relevance - I play mostly classic rock stuff and am really just now starting to learn how to use the trem/vibrato bar (VH - Ain't talking bout love, etc).

Thanks and be well!

3P

I would say, yes, the Mann bridges are really nice. Necessary to upgrade on your S2? Maybe not, unless you're having intonation problems when using the trem, or feel that your tone is a little thin.

I put the 2000NOS on my S2 Satin Standard, and have liked the results. On my S2 Semi Hollow, I love the guitar already, as-is, so I haven't replaced that one.

I would say, yes, the Mann bridges are really nice. Necessary to upgrade on your S2? Maybe not, unless you're having intonation problems when using the trem, or feel that your tone is a little thin.

I put the 2000NOS on my S2 Satin Standard, and have liked the results. On my S2 Semi Hollow, I love the guitar already, as-is, so I haven't replaced that one.

Wow, thanks so much for the quick reply. Well, I'd say the intonation seems fine (though I haven't checked in a while). As for the tone, it's one of those situations where I haven't played a core so I don't know if there is something missing or not (or simply could be better). I have mine set up NB style (Lawrence L500 bridge, SD 59 neck). The pups are good, and of course the guitar feels so well built. It's great, but it still doesn't sing exactly. Hard to communicate but you know - that thing when the guitar makes you say, 'wow.' Have it on a different guitar but maybe it's just in my head.

Anyway, thanks again.

I'll use my 13,000th post to say yes, a MannMade trem is a worthy upgrade for every PRS guitar... expect maybe for those that already have one.
So, the PRS/Mann with the Brass Block or the NOS? I can't tell from the website the differences or why one cost $50 more than the other. Looks like the NOS doesn't have a block. Yet it's floating. Weird.

Back