Mann vs Schroeder bridge?

helmi

single & satin
Thinking of swapping out the stock stoptail on my 2007 satin singlecut, to a adjustable one. torn between the Mann and the Schroeder. (the fancy style) who has changed them out on singlecuts, and what’s your preference.

While you can never go wrong with anything John Mann makes, I have a Schroeder on mine. I’ve used a number of them until I actually learned how to use a trem, and became inflicted with whammy madness. To me, aside from being good hardware, they’re visually the most elegant one piece I ever laid eyes on. His locking studs are my absolute favorites.

I've only changed out the stock stoptail on my old SE Tremonti for the Schroeder design, but I really like it. It's very comfortable for palm muting, and it looks more interesting aesthetically imo. It's also not that expensive compared to other options

I have only used the Mann 2300 bridge and greatly preferred it to the stock PRS solid non-adjustable bridge on both guitars that I made the change…with a caveat. While I LOVED the look of the 2300 with the supplied polished brass studs, the 2300 in tandem with the Schroeder locking studs was much better sonically on both guitars.

I’ve never tried the Schroeder bridges or the PRS adjustable.

The improvement brought by the Schroeder/Mann tandem related to sustain and a warmer tonal balance.

Last edited:
I would take the Schroeder (the normal looking one, not the boat tail) simply because they're nickel plated. The Mann bridge is 100% fabulous, I had one on a guitar that I later sold, but raw aluminum gets grungy easily and needs polishing more often.

Brass gets a really cool looking patina, but I won't do raw aluminum or raw nickel anymore.

Back