Mann or prs adjustable stoptail?

Mann. It sings sonically compared to PRS. I don’t appreciate taller saddles ever since MannMade changed to non block saddles version. Personally I don’t have a problem with heights. I could get the action close to 1mm on the high E if I had a lighter touch on my SE. I settle at 1.25 mm. Very reasonable.

I can’t say I notice any difference in tension.
It’s considerably lighter than PRS. And can come in more colors than current 2 of PRS.

I have a MannMade (I think) and an older PRS. I'm not using them. If you'd like to try them both, I'll send them to you. You could buy the one you like and send the other back, or if you don't like either send them both back. Let me know if you're interested and I'll dig them out.

I have a MannMade (I think) and an older PRS. I'm not using them. If you'd like to try them both, I'll send them to you. You could buy the one you like and send the other back, or if you don't like either send them both back. Let me know if you're interested and I'll dig them out.
SOOOO generous! PM incoming.

I'm still looking for the Mannmade. We moved a few years ago and some things I haven't been using are in some unknown location in the house.

I will say this, I bought Mannmade, PRS, Tonepros and Schaller Signum adjustable bridges to see if they sounded better than the non-adjustable PRS bridge. I've also tried the machined Non-adjustable and bridge with brass inserts. For me, the best sound comes from the original cast non-adjustable, with newer studs that are unfinished in the bridge contact area. The non-adjustable intonates perfectly for me, but I use standard tuning and 10-46 strings.

Prs adjustable on the way. Sill looking for a used mann.

10 46s half step down can't get any of the 3 as close as I'd like. Close enough for rock and roll for sure, but I'm doing alot of chords way up the neck these days, and I like to tinker..

I'm going to record with new strings before and after so Im not relying on memory . I'm hoping/guessing the difference is miniscule.

How they feel under my hand might be a different story.

Yes. So have PRS. The PRS adjustable use to be all steel with no brass saddles. The MannMade changed from block saddles to more triangular shaped.

Back