MANN Bridges - 1 Piece vs 2-Piece vs Upgrade Kit - Tone differences

Crazybayman

Looking at upgrading an SE Standard 24. Anyone have any idea what the tonal differences are (or might be) between the following:

1. MANN 2000NOS (1 piece) Vibrato Bridge
2. MANN/PRS (2 Piece) Vibrato Bridge
3. Upgrade Kit (brass block and saddles and stock SE Plate)

I am looking at installing them on an SE Standard 24. Just trying figure out if it is worth the money to go with a 1 piece, or save a little and go with option 2, or even option 3 if the plate doesn't make much difference.

I have 1,2,and 3 if you’re fine with lumping John’s two piece together with the regular PRS trem for comparison. I have no actual hands-on experience with John’s two piece.

I feel like John’s upgrade kit brings the SE trem into the same area as a plain old PRS Core trem, especially if you get the full set that only leaves the base plate. Maybe the knife edges aren’t as precise... but that’s a maybe.

The 2000 NOS on the other hand, is in a league of its own. If I didn’t get so easily distracted by other purchases, practically every guitar I own would be treated to one.

It may seem silly to buy a trem that costs as much as your whole guitar probably does but... keep the old trem and then you can swap it back if/when you get a “better” PRS down the line.

I have 1,2,and 3 if you’re fine with lumping John’s two piece together with the regular PRS trem for comparison. I have no actual hands-on experience with John’s two piece.

I feel like John’s upgrade kit brings the SE trem into the same area as a plain old PRS Core trem, especially if you get the full set that only leaves the base plate. Maybe the knife edges aren’t as precise... but that’s a maybe.

The 2000 NOS on the other hand, is in a league of its own. If I didn’t get so easily distracted by other purchases, practically every guitar I own would be treated to one.

It may seem silly to buy a trem that costs as much as your whole guitar probably does but... keep the old trem and then you can swap it back if/when you get a “better” PRS down the line.
Cool. Thanks for that. Yeah, I was thinking the same.
I swapped the trem block in my MIM Strat to brass, and it made a significant difference.

I just put a two piece Mann Bridge on my MIM Strat what a difference , richer fuller more sustain and 1000% more comfortable to play.

I just put a Mann 2 piece in a Custom 24SE and it really warms up the sound. Well worth the investment. Also much prettier, as a bonus! I got the hybrid gold w/nickel saddles

I can't speak to the PRS style Mann Bridges but I have a 2 point mount Stratocaster Mann Bridge in a Tele body made by Marc Rutters and it functions flawlessly. It doesn't have sustain of a hardtail but it's pretty good as it feels, plays, and sounds solid.

Back