Mann 2000NOS vs Wudtone DD bridges

Status
Not open for further replies.

AceIT

As a friend of mine will be in chigaco next week it was my intention to buy for my santana SE a Mann Nos 2000 to be shipped at his hotel, in order to avoid shipment and custom fees ( as I live in italy ).
Unfortunately it seems that Mann prs bridge are all out of stock at the moment.
But while I was searching infos I find out there is a competitor... cheaper.. moreover it is placed in england... and its system theoretically seems to work even better.
So, as there isn't time anymore to have it as a xmas gift ... I have the time to enquire the forum about this two.

Wudtone PRS DD Tremolo

vs

Mann 2000NOS

please .. share your knowledge..

The Wudtone is a nice design... maybe even superior to the stock PRS or MannMade.

However, I think the Mann has the advantage in the materials used.
The Wudtone is made from cold steel with steel saddles (no different than the stock SE), whereas the 2000NOS is bronze with brass saddles.
You'll get a much better sound out of the MannMade unit.

I would recommend sending a message to John Mann, and ask about availability of the 2000NOS.
I just ordered one, a little over a week ago, and although it says 'out of stock' on their website - they shipped it the next day.

Unfortunately I wrote Mann two days ago but he didn't answer yet... I know it was week end.. but...
I don't know the delivery time from his location to chigago... but I feel we are already late

And NO WAY I will pay the extra ( at least ) 100 bucks for shipment and custom fees .. over the 250 for the bridge.... it will cost more than the value of the santana SE it's intended to go on...

Unfortunately I wrote Mann two days ago but he didn't answer yet... I know it was week end.. but...
Ya... it's the weekend. Did you email him at: [email protected] ?

I don't know the delivery time from his location to chigago... but I feel we are already late
Shipping from MannMade to Chicago is 2-3 days. If you ordered today, I'm sure you'd get it by the end of this week.

And NO WAY I will pay the extra ( at least ) 100 bucks for shipment and custom fees .. over the 250 for the bridge.... it will cost more than the value of the santana SE it's intended to go on...
I think it would be worth it...
The bridge and the tuning keys are what will give you the biggest upgrade to the sound of your guitar.
(Mann also sells locking tuners for the SE)

I compiled the form on the contact page on mann site.
I will try to mail him at the address you just gave me...

thanks

We had a member install a Wudtone bridge a while back and post his thoughts. He liked the bridge and he wrote a fair, but subjective, evaluation. Unfortunately, that thread had to be deleted due to blatant spamming and advertising on the part of the manufacturer.

We have had many, many more members go the Mann route with consistent acclaim.

Tone is a subjective thing, but there are reasons both Mann and PRS lean towards brass for string contact in their best bridges.

Why settle for anything less?

because, living in italy, the fees for shipment and custom are HUGE.. and the bridge is already quite expensive as it is....
It's intended for a santana SE... and I cannot think to spend half the value of the guitar only for the bridge......

if I live in the states it will be a no brainer

BTW I wrote again mann to the above email address yesterday but he didn't answer yet... so I think that unfortunately we are talking about intentions as it's already late to be shipped in time...

because, living in italy, the fees for shipment and custom are HUGE..

WOW!! You ain't kidding!! I'd offer to send it to you (maybe a residential delivery is cheaper than from a business? Don't know where you live so I used Rome to get an idea) so I looked up Fedex fees...$170!! IMHO the Mann is worth it...but that's a large chunk of change for shipping...:eek:

WOW!! You ain't kidding!! I'd offer to send it to you (maybe a residential delivery is cheaper than from a business? Don't know where you live so I used Rome to get an idea) so I looked up Fedex fees...$170!! IMHO the Mann is worth it...but that's a large chunk of change for shipping...:eek:

I sent "birthday gifts" to a couple of our brothers in the UK. One got it with no problem; the other one got hit with duty/import fees that had to be paid before he could get his gift.

I sent "birthday gifts" to a couple of our brothers in the UK. One got it with no problem; the other one got hit with duty/import fees that had to be paid before he could get his gift.

I tend to order quite a few things from outside the EU. Sometimes you get slapped with a duty and other times you don't. However, high-value items have always been subject to duties. Packages just under $300 have sometimes not been taxed, and other times packages of $100 got taxed. Not sure how this works...

e.g.

last week I ordered in the states a custom made pickguard for a gibson tribute sg with p90.. as it's impossible to find in europe... 24 dollars for the PG... 28 dollars for shipment and fees... ebay let you pay the fees as you place the order...

on a 250 bucks item shipment is in percentage not so significant.... but custom is an harm...

In the past it happened to me to receive some xmas gadget from a chinese supplier of my company.. and, even if it was labelled as gift with zero value, I had to pay 10 bucks just because our custom decided to control what was in the packet and charged me for this operation... and the real value of the gadget was less than 10 $ for shure

:mad:

BTW Mann did'nt answer yet...
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
six days... two mails .. two differents email addresses..
No answer by mr mann...
well...
I think I will post a wudtone bridge evaluation in the next future...

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back