Man with a plan

tiboy

Following a summer power outage I ordered a full house Generator in September. Now hours away from a big snow storm and likely loss of power, I’m still without my Generator courtesy of Covid. That’s the price of waiting until the last (3 months ahead of time) minute. I guess the Taylor will get some play time this week.

Ha I'm getting a home generator installed next week. I had to wait 3 months for it to Get here.

I bought a Briggs 12kw but I built a stand to mount it to basement wall so if we have to rip up sewer for any reason we won't have to do anything to the generator.

I hope things go well for you until it gets installed. Good luck!

Good plan, even if it didn’t make it in time. I’ve relied on my emergency systems many times! That’s one of the rare purchases you make that you hope to never need... but you will!

Supply and delivery chains have been pretty messed up. This was my year to buy a 200-machine supercomputer (for work) and it was delivered 6 months late first due to component supply problems, then due to factory closure (San Francisco Bay area, of course), then travel restrictions, and the approval and training that it took to get enough people into the same computer lab to actually install the thing! Also the freezer my wife ordered (for home) in February didn't arrive until November after many delayed delivery dates. Those aren't complaints, just observations.

Our generator is SUPPOSED to run our entire house and AC unit.
Ours was a 22kw whole house generator. The dryer on startup requires too much power and would cause everything to trip. It ran our HVAC and everything else just fine! We used to lose power several times a year, sometimes for a few days. Wish I had one on our current house.

Ours was a 22kw whole house generator. The dryer on startup requires too much power and would cause everything to trip. It ran our HVAC and everything else just fine! We used to lose power several times a year, sometimes for a few days. Wish I had one on our current house.
Our house is in a lower area so our sump pump run all year most of the time. It has to run or we have a wet basement. We seem to lose power more frequently than we should.

I want one because we lose powers a couple of times a year for days. My development was built in the 50s and between old utilities gear and a tone of trees that are now the perfect age to be giant and weak you can bet the house we'll be powerless for 8 to 10 days every year.

But I live in a neighborhood where my home is right up against other homes. I think the noise would be a problem. The last thing I want to do is drop that much coin and have to keep it off because the neighbors go ape____ over it.

Compared to the quality of my very loud playing, the neighbors will gladly tolerate the generator. Of course combining my guitar noise, the generator noise and their frustration from being without power, I may have an existential problem. I told my neighbors that I left the house to the local chapter of MS13. So if I die, it could be worse.

I want one because we lose powers a couple of times a year for days. My development was built in the 50s and between old utilities gear and a tone of trees that are now the perfect age to be giant and weak you can bet the house we'll be powerless for 8 to 10 days every year.

But I live in a neighborhood where my home is right up against other homes. I think the noise would be a problem. The last thing I want to do is drop that much coin and have to keep it off because the neighbors go ape____ over it.

These residential generators are pretty quiet, the rating on mine is impressive I just can't remember those figures off the top of my head.

Back