Man, I came {} this close to being PRS'less last night

Parralax view

I have an ancient dog. She's 16 and seems to have full blown doggie demetia and inability to walk well. She is making it, but just barely, but I will not put her down as there seems to be no pain, just mental confusion.

So I give her a bath last night, and it's like bathing a puppy all over again lately, wiggly, doesn't want to cooperate. We get done, I get her dry, she starts wandering the house. I sit on the lanai to enjoy a beer and some other "refreshment" cause it's a workout getting her clean.

I also have my brand new Premier Guitar mag to go through to see the same adds as last month.. when I hear.. thump....I look up and she has knocked the McCarty out of it's stand by trying to go where she doesn't fit, the neck comes down on her back, and she walks out from under it and the headstock thumps on the coffee table!!!
I'm paniced!!! BUT.. looking it over and not even a hint of a scratch. I think it landed gently on one of the tuner tops and that saved the day. I spent about half an hour looking it over, searching for dings or cracks but alas, that's a well built guitar cause it didn't so much as have dust from the fall. I feel very lucky about it. She just went to sleep cause she was fresh and clean...;-) My very first thought was the guitar with a snapped headstock....but it was luck supreme! I thought better of it and hung it back up. I left the strat because it would have probably broken her back if it was the one that fell...;-)

I have an ancient dog. She's 16 and seems to have full blown doggie demetia and inability to walk well. She is making it, but just barely, but I will not put her down as there seems to be no pain, just mental confusion.

So I give her a bath last night, and it's like bathing a puppy all over again lately, wiggly, doesn't want to cooperate. We get done, I get her dry, she starts wandering the house. I sit on the lanai to enjoy a beer and some other "refreshment" cause it's a workout getting her clean.

I also have my brand new Premier Guitar mag to go through to see the same adds as last month.. when I hear.. thump....I look up and she has knocked the McCarty out of it's stand by trying to go where she doesn't fit, the neck comes down on her back, and she walks out from under it and the headstock thumps on the coffee table!!!
I'm paniced!!! BUT.. looking it over and not even a hint of a scratch. I think it landed gently on one of the tuner tops and that saved the day. I spent about half an hour looking it over, searching for dings or cracks but alas, that's a well built guitar cause it didn't so much as have dust from the fall. I feel very lucky about it. She just went to sleep cause she was fresh and clean...;-) My very first thought was the guitar with a snapped headstock....but it was luck supreme! I thought better of it and hung it back up. I left the strat because it would have probably broken her back if it was the one that fell...;-)

Sorry to hear about your pup. I'm going through the same thing with a 15 year old Collie/Retriever mix. No baths, or brushes. He's liable to take an arm off if I try. Crotchety Old Man!

Yeah, past the guitar is the pain of watching her grow extremely old. I've had people ask why I don't just put her down, "would you put your grandmother down because she became an inconvenience"? She was 5 weeks old when we got her, 4 days in she came down with Canine Parvo virus. It was 50/50 if she would live a couple of days. We took her to the vet, they gave her the sedative and medicine shot, and injected saline into her back like little camel humps for hydration. On the 4th day of almost coma, she awoke hungry, and wanting to play, we knew she made it, for that one reason,I gave her her life, I will not take it back for my easiness. She a great old dame!!.. And the Guitar survived!!..

My wife's doggie is getting old and it is getting very difficult for her to climb the "split level ranch" stairs to go out into the backyard. Very old injuries from before my wife rescued her that catching up to her (75lbs, half Golden Retriever half Chow).

So, with a pick and a shovel, I changed the steep and rocky slope outside the lower end of the property and made a long gradual sloping ramp out of 15.7 inch pavers so she doesn't have to climb the stairs to get to the back yard anymore. It's about 4 feet wide by 16 feet long. The doggie seems to like it. The wife likes it too. I feel bad for the doggie.

I too have that split level that goes up to street level and the bedrooms. Unwisely, my lady removed the carpet from them as the steps are Koa and are beautiful, but it does the unbalanced doggie no good. I lose lots of sleep with her at night, she is barely contenent and she wakes me to go out and I have to carry her out, once out, she walks to her spots but sometimes falls. Bless her, her coat is so thin, you can see her skin in many places, yet it's just age. I've taken her to the vet due to her muscle loss and thinness, but he says it's normal and she has no illnesses and as long as body function and eating and drinking are good, so is she, but man, it's a test of patience sometimes..;-)

I pulled the guitar out again last night to look it over real well under light and could find nothing in the way of damages, so I'm blessed and lucky in that respect. ;-)

I too have that split level that goes up to street level and the bedrooms. Unwisely, my lady removed the carpet from them as the steps are Koa and are beautiful, but it does the unbalanced doggie no good. I lose lots of sleep with her at night, she is barely contenent and she wakes me to go out and I have to carry her out, once out, she walks to her spots but sometimes falls. Bless her, her coat is so thin, you can see her skin in many places, yet it's just age. I've taken her to the vet due to her muscle loss and thinness, but he says it's normal and she has no illnesses and as long as body function and eating and drinking are good, so is she, but man, it's a test of patience sometimes..;-)

I pulled the guitar out again last night to look it over real well under light and could find nothing in the way of damages, so I'm blessed and lucky in that respect. ;-)

Warm thoughts headed your way.

Guitar stands are crappy places to keep a guitar when you’re not playing it. I’ve had many mishaps, though only one broke off a headstock on a Gibson. :rolleyes:

It’s one of many reasons I just keep ‘em cased when I’m not playing.

Reactions: jxe
Maybe a ding would have been okay. That would have been a reminder of her years down the road. When you the ding, it would bring back good memories.

The same day you posted this...

So I was taking my morning poop when all of the sudden I hear a crash and a clang.

I waddle outta the bathroom with my pants around my ankles, and see my son with my SE Semi hollow on the floor. F@cker has crawled up a chair and pulled it off the dining room table!

Not a scratch on my baby, or my son from the three foot drop.

The same day you posted this...

So I was taking my morning poop when all of the sudden I hear a crash and a clang.

I waddle outta the bathroom with my pants around my ankles, and see my son with my SE Semi hollow on the floor. F@cker has crawled up a chair and pulled it off the dining room table!

Not a scratch on my baby, or my son from the three foot drop.

A novel way to achieve the brown sound!

Back