Malcolm Young-R.I.P.

What makes the sound of AC/DC the sound of rock? This latest rig rundown shows it all.

And worth remembering his legacy and what Malcolm did for all those years to contributing to the group. Face it, who wouldn't want to play those power chords with Angus in front of 100's of thousands of people worldwide for decades?

https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/24660-rig-rundown-acdc

I'm saddened by this news . Malcolm Young is a great loss to the hard rock music industry.

Last year, I had a special toggle "poker chip" made for my Gibson SG. RIP, Malcolm.

c0bnb05.jpg

Thursday night I was just watching some random playlists when "Long Way to the Top" came on. I haven't heard that one since I was a little kid in the 70s over at my cousin Marty's house, but I knew exactly who it was on the first two notes. Man, was Mal brilliant. If you ask a hard rock fan what the fifty greatest riffs of all time are, half the list would be AC/DC tunes. Rest well, sir.

For many of the classic AC/DC riffs, Angus played what Malcolm wrote as the opening. I can't count how many times cover bands couldn't play an AC/DC song properly past the intro into the first verse. Once Malcolm and Angus played together, the guitar parts weren't the same.
He was the master.

I played some old AC/DC for my 10 year old tonight. She was head banging to Mal and Cliff’s opening riff on “Down Payment Blues” and singing along with Bon on the third chorus to “Long Way to the Top.” Man, it was cute. Too bad I was using the phone to play the songs, I could have recorded some of it.

I played some old AC/DC for my 10 year old tonight. She was head banging to Mal and Cliff’s opening riff on “Down Payment Blues” and singing along with Bon on the third chorus to “Long Way to the Top.” Man, it was cute. Too bad I was using the phone to play the songs, I could have recorded some of it.
Bon Scott, a proud Kirriemuir man! The town being only about 7 miles from me is like a Mecca for AC/DC fans.

Back