MAJOR changes to my signature very soon!!!

......c'mon ugly brown truck!!!
Beautiful brown truck! So beautiful... trying to think positive thoughts!!

On the other hand, it's lookin like a drunk guitar orgy tonight! Hope pix will get leaked...

Waiting for the brown truck is still far healthier than waiting for bad things that come in brown. It's slightly comical; the scene...

a sweating, dodgy, nervous twitching man stands peering out the front window of the house. He is observed occasionally opening the front door, sticking his head out, glaring up and down the street intently before quickly closing the door and resuming his post peering out the window, with the curtains thrust roughly aside to expand the view past the hydrangea as much as possible.

Waiting on the brown; the big one, the rolling thunder, code named UPS. He is a customer waiting on the man; waiting for the man, needing the man to arrive to get his fix. And the UPS man, he delivers. You ain't never scored the brown like the kind the UPS man brings. Up and Down, he knows you need your scales, and you will pay, pay, pay the piper! Gotta have it..

The man's hair blows in the wind as we observe his quick peek out the door, with the slow lingering gaze into the distance; as if looking hard enough down Wisteria Lane with intent and will power will magically summon him, the driver of the brown....(rumble, rumble, gear change is heard in distance)

Sharp intake of breath; heart rate escalating; don't react too quick might be a false alarm. Mrs Figg, the batty next door neighboor carries on long complex conversations about Sartre with her cats; the warm Spring air has prompted everyone to open their windows despite the random torrential rains and blustery winds.

Meanwhile, A flicker of movement in the distance; sunlight glints off hubcaps; in slow motion, the clouds part, the golden lights dance down the street, as the grinding sound of brown takes a left turn at the end of the block. Could it be? ..... Is it?......Better not be another Amazon.com package for the dang neighbor! Here comes the big brown truck..closer closer... Passing the neighbor... Stopping. Out. Front.... !!
[queue soundtrack song "At Last" by Etta James.....]

:)

Congrats, that is an insane haul of guitars.. Spectacular!!!

Last edited:
Waiting for the brown truck is still far healthier than waiting for bad things that come in brown. It's slightly comical; the scene...

a sweating, dodgy, nervous twitching man stands peering out the front window of the house. He is observed occasionally opening the front door, sticking his head out, glaring up and down the street intently before quickly closing the door and resuming his post peering out the window, with the curtains thrust roughly aside to expand the view past the hydrangea as much as possible.

Waiting on the brown; the big one, the rolling thunder, code named UPS. He is a customer waiting on the man; waiting for the man, needing the man to arrive to get his fix. And the UPS man, he delivers. You ain't never scored the brown like the kind the UPS man brings. Up and Down, he knows you need your scales, and you will pay, pay, pay the piper! Gotta have it..

The man's hair blows in the wind as we observe his quick peek out the door, with the slow lingering gaze into the distance; as if looking hard enough down Wisteria Lane with intent and will power will magically summon him, the driver of the brown....(rumble, rumble, gear change is heard in distance)

Sharp intake of breath; heart rate escalating; don't react too quick might be a false alarm. Mrs Figg, the batty next door neighboor carries on long complex conversations about Sartre with her cats; the warm Spring air has prompted everyone to open their windows despite the random torrential rains and blustery winds.

Meanwhile, A flicker of movement in the distance; sunlight glints off hubcaps; in slow motion, the clouds part, the golden lights dance down the street, as the grinding sound of brown takes a left turn at the end of the block. Could it be? ..... Is it?......Better not be another Amazon.com package for the dang neighbor! Here comes the big brown truck..closer closer... Passing the neighbor... Stopping. Out. Front.... !!
[queue soundtrack song "At Last" by Etta James.....]

:)

Congrats, that is an insane haul of guitars.. Spectacular!!!

This would make a fantastic UPS commercial...

My four girls have arrived in good order, I will spend the day tomorrow getting to know them better

Wow! just Wow!

All four are great. The FrostBitch is breathtaking.......as you turn it in the lights it just stunning. It's got a gloss to it that makes it feel slick, even the fingerboard has it, like a coating of ice. It plays lightning fast and effortless. I wish it had the 58/15's instead of 57/08's. I might make a change there soon. Maybe I'll send it to the PTC for new tires...lol.

The 30th anniversary AP CU24 was setup a bit higher that I'm used to, especially from PRS. After a few adjustments it was ready to go and did not disappoint. This is my second guitar with 85/15's in it and they sound fantastic. An interesting side note is the other guitar equipped with 85/15's is my PS ME and if anyone ever needs a demonstration of tone woods this one is a great example.

The 2007 CU24 with its 53/10's is heavy and fat sounding, it will be very difficult for me to get used to the rotary switch. It's interesting to see, hear and feel the difference between this 2007 CU24 and the 2015 CU24. PRS has made some very noticeable improvement on an already amazing platform.

The AP SC245 is a stunning guitar, I need to give it a fill setup, string change etc before singing its praises, but that's just personal preference, the guitar is killer.

Last edited:
suhweet.jpg

And that, sir, doesn't even begin to cover it.

I'd love to know how the Frosty one compares tonally to the AP SC245. Also, is the gloss the normal PS nitro?

I'd love to know how the Frosty one compares tonally to the AP SC245. Also, is the gloss the normal PS nitro?

You'd think they felt/played/sounded fairly similarly, but they really don't. Think about the difference you feel between (sorry for this blasphemy) a LP standard and a LP custom. The extreme glossy feel may be the the fact that the fingerboard is as glossy as the body, I assume due to the staining process.

Raven - Did you sleep at at all so far this weekend?

Funny thing, I just woke up 4pm eastern, same thing yesterday. My fingers haven't been this sore in 30 years! I can tell I'm getting old because I'm sore inside my forearms from all the extra hours of playing. My forearms have always been oversized from decades of playing ala Popeyes.

Funny thing, I just woke up 4pm eastern, same thing yesterday. My fingers haven't been this sore in 30 years! I can tell I'm getting old because I'm sore inside my forearms from all the extra hours of playing. My forearms have always been oversized from decades of playing ala Popeyes.

Maybe you need to get rid of the fixed bridge Ibanez s series prestige lol...that will give you a little less play time

Maybe you need to get rid of the fixed bridge Ibanez s series prestige lol...that will give you a little less play time

At the risk of being banished from this, my favorite forum, these new Ibanez fiddles are really, really good. Even the stripped down Iron Label series are great guitars. I've owned and enjoyed various Jems and Universes over the years and have given a pair of RG series to my son, but Ibanez have been busy little bees! So no way I'm parting with any of my toys.

At the risk of being banished from this, my favorite forum, these new Ibanez fiddles are really, really good. Even the stripped down Iron Label series are great guitars. I've owned and enjoyed various Jems and Universes over the years and have given a pair of RG series to my son, but Ibanez have been busy little bees! So no way I'm parting with any of my toys.

You won't be banished lol..... I was just looking at an RG 721 premium and a 2550e prestige. Fighting the urge myself. My daughter now has an Ibanez s520 and a jem jr however her Favorite guitar out of both our collections is still my DGT with m pickups. Even said she would dig me up to get it. Joke is on her, Im being buried at sea lol

Back