Mahogany vs Korina ONEs?

I have tried both PRS with hog and korina. The korina was lighter and has a bit more treble in the sound. IMHO, among those alternate woods PRS offering for body, I prefer korina next to mahogany - folowed by swamp ash.

Korina isn't necessarily lighter than mahogany. There will be plenty of overlap in weight.

They only did birds on the korina Ones. The only thing I don't like about the korina versions is it seems like there's always one piece that doesn't match well cosmetically. The korina Ones have three-piece necks, while the mahogany are one-piece.

If you see one you like at a price you like, pounce. You can't go wrong.

Reactions: jxe
Korina isn't necessarily lighter than mahogany. There will be plenty of overlap in weight.

They only did birds on the korina Ones. The only thing I don't like about the korina versions is it seems like there's always one piece that doesn't match well cosmetically. The korina Ones have three-piece necks, while the mahogany are one-piece.

If you see one you like at a price you like, pounce. You can't go wrong.
I asked this too late and failed to get a white one on fleabay.

I do enjoy some nice white or black limba. However, hog always seems to have the sound I’m looking for, a little darker with a fuller bass response. For me, the real dark horse is swamp ash. Relatively cheap, can be had in lightweight blanks (unlike hog sometimes), and has a great resonant, full-frequency sound to me. High gain warning, however; if clean or vintage tones are your thing, my thoughts may not apply.

I don’t think I’d make a very good death, unless I could make the rules...
I was thinking more like Death in the Sandman books:

Death_%28DC_Comics%29.jpg

Back