Madagascar Rosewood Necks

Hiya Hans!
Is the Madagascar on the MEQs? I just got an MEQ yesterday, and it's one of the BEST necks I've ever played. Great feel, as good as my BRW PS. Loving the new toy...

Hi Hans!
Mainly hanging on the VR forum, have been bouncing back and forth a bit. Took a bit off from playing with a group to get some life things straightened out. Plus, have been doing a lot more recording / mixing work than guitar playing.

Yeah, I just looked it up, the MEQ has East IRW. Gotta say, it's as smooth as my PS and your Goldie. And, some kind soul (Harker1440) put Dirty South AL 59 pickups in this guitar... at 9+ lbs, it's a *bit* heavy, but man, oh man, does it ring, and the tone is just incredible. I plan to compare the guitar to an MEQ with 53/10s, but I think the Dirty South's will probably stay. Gives the guitar great character, kinda like a PRS+. They remind me of the first time I heard the 57/08s, lots of clarity and vibe without being too harsh.

I plan to compare the guitar to an MEQ with 53/10s, but I think the Dirty South's will probably stay. Gives the guitar great character, kinda like a PRS+. They remind me of the first time I heard the 57/08s, lots of clarity and vibe without being too harsh.

Don't count out the 53/10s! Talk about character, I have them in my McRosie (poor man's ME Quatro) and LOVE them. Great split tones, very true to single coil sound. Probably more than any other PRS pickup I've had the pleasure of trying. I hear the 408 pickups are great in that respect as well...

I just received my PS with a Madagascar rosewood neck.... What an exceptional specimen :)

Initial impression of the neck is that it's similar to my IRW equipped PRSi. It does appear to transfer vibration incredibly well.... and it also appears to be a bit more light-weight than IRW. Maybe that has something to do with the select woods in the PS vault, though. The finish they applied is outstanding! SMOOTHER than glass :) Whatever that process is, it's stellar.

The guitar, in general, rings like the proverbial bell! Does the neck have a bit to do with that.... most definitely, IMHO.

I'm a happy camper :)
Chuck

Recently picked up ME Ltd #6/100. Yes....the neck is comparable in feel and tone to my BRW necks. I could never tell the difference just by feel alone. Very nice speciman (and compares favorably to my ME-1....which I "tolerate" despite those RP pickups which I refuse to remove).

However, to be totally honest...I bought it 'cause I wanted those Celtic Knots! :p

Back