Machine heads on my new PRS SE Custom 24 rattle

ejekman

My new PRS SE Custom 24 rattles when you shake the head. The sound seems to be coming from the machine heads. They also have a rattling sound or vibration when I play certain notes. The locking nuts are tight. The sound seems to be coming from inside the machine heads. I am thinking of putting on Grover 406C's, but I am curious, has anyone else noticed this on SE stock macine heads?

My new PRS SE Custom 24 rattles when you shake the head. The sound seems to be coming from the machine heads. They also have a rattling sound or vibration when I play certain notes. The locking nuts are tight. The sound seems to be coming from inside the machine heads. I am thinking of putting on Grover 406C's, but I am curious, has anyone else noticed this on SE stock macine heads?
Is the guitar actually new, or did you buy it secondhand? I ask because it sounds like you may not have stock tuners on it. Post a few screenshots and folks here will be better able to help.

I thinks he is referring to the nuts that lock the tuners to the headstock.

Thanks Shawn! I had checked the nuts with my fingers and they seemed tight but obviously not. I tighned all of them with a wrench;" Problem Solved". Thanks again

Back