\m/ pickups are here, \m/ pickups are here

Got her installed in my McCarty std today. It sounds thick with good note separation. The highs seems a little less bitey than a HFS. It also has a tighter feel. I usually need to set my bridge pickup a little lower with hotter pickups and the screws actually were too short for me to get to the 4 or 5/32 area that I usually prefer. By comparison, I have my 5708s and 5909s around 3/32". I have to put some longer screws in tomorrow and I will try to do a clip. I have a 5909 in the neck so I can't do matched \m/ set middle position.

Gotta finish grabbing some tone samples today. Shipping the Metal to Queen City tomorrow for review by a real metal player.

Snapped a few pics yesterday after putting gold pole-pieces in them. Polished covers look great on this guitar.

(Click to enlarge image.)

m_pups2_zps0d3cb38b.jpg

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;84017 said:
Gotta finish grabbing some tone samples today. Shipping the Metal to Queen City tomorrow for review by a real metal player.

Snapped a few pics yesterday after putting gold pole-pieces in them. Polished covers look great on this guitar.

View attachment 211

Wow. Digging this.

View attachment 211

Stunner!

THAT
IS AWESOME

View attachment 211

Here are a couple of impromtu videos I shot with the gang.

First up, Skitchy running through the various pickup postions with the \m/ pickups.

Last edited by a moderator:
And Lenny (Mr. Clean) doing some fancy finger work. Same amp and setting, but on the clean channel.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought the "\m/" stood for "metal". Thanks to Skitchy's video I now know it's rock fingers. Man, I feel like such a bonehead.

YES! I freaking love it. I can't wait to give these puppies a run for their money. That guitar looks way better in your factory than at my place haha

Thanks for the videos Shawn and team. These new pups are going to make a lot of people very happy.

Back