\m/ pickups are here, \m/ pickups are here

Different wire than the HFS which gives it a fuller tone and clearer cleans
I like the sounds of that...I think. I'm wondering if they are brighter. Fuller makes me think no, which is good. By clearer, are we talking cleaner or more defined - or a bit of both maybe?

I'm not really in the market for a neck pickup, but a bridge I might grab. I might have to yank the cover off though if I really dig the pickup a lot.

Would they work with blade switch in a P22? I'm not familiar with P22 wiring.

Wow, they're actually called \m/

Seriously the best company ever.

Are these going to be limited or will they stick around for a while?

Very anxious to hear - and I'm glad you stuck w/the \m/ name!

What the heck does "\m/" mean? Is it some hipster-chic term I'm too old to know?

Here is a little back story on these pups: http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthread.php?3781-prototype-pickups&highlight=prototype

Currently only offered with covers

Different wire than the HFS which gives it a fuller tone and clearer cleans

Hmmmm how do you think these would sound in a rosewood-necked PRS, Shawn? If it has more clarity and nicer cleans than the HFS but is still a hot pickup that sounds sweet in theory, but would it be much lower in clarity than the lower-output stuff like the Artist V or DGT sets in an RW-necked PRS? Detuned metal is the end goal of the guitar they'd be going into, if that makes a difference? :eek: In a rosewood-necked PRS tuned to C, clarity is the biggest thing I'm looking for but these had me curious when you first mentioned them in the prototype pickup thread so now that they're actually out I'm really curious! :D

You guys need to stop offering so many cool pickups, back in the day I used to buy PRS and immediately be thinking of what aftermarket set to grab for them... now I grab a PRS and either love the stock pickups or if I don't absolutely love them right off the bat, I think of what aftermarket PRS pickups I want to swap in there because in the past few years the pickup selection has been just fantastic! :adore: As I always say, more options = better. :D

What the heck does "\m/" mean? Is it some hipster-chic term I'm too old to know?

\m/ is the typed version of this
metal.jpg

But it's also possible that you ARE too old. :)

I've wanted to send my 1996 Custom 22 in for the Phase I tuner conversion to the wing-less version and a setup...

Looks like a \m/ pup swap just might seal the deal and speed up the process...

Shawn...whats the neck pickup like? Have my Tremonti Custom SE with the Tremonti treble in the bridge...looking for a sweet neck pup and your pickup sounds like it may be what I'm looking for...Mike

Back