\m/ pickups are here, \m/ pickups are here

I notice the resistance on the treble is the same as the HFS. Is it a covered HFS, or is there more to it than that?

I notice the resistance on the treble is the same as the HFS. Is it a covered HFS, or is there more to it than that?
I used a hfs in the same guitar I put my \m/ pickup in(McCarty standard). The hfs is more saturated sounding where the \m/ treble is more ballsy and tighter sounding and the highs are a little smoother but still very well defined. Overall I find the \m/ to be punchier, a little less compressed sounding with good definition. That's what me ears are hearing anyway.

That tune pandora was cool, made me think of the B52's a little when it stared.

Kind of reminded me of Joy Division. Skitchy has a pretty broad and diverse music collection, so it doesn't surprise me that he also creates a lot of different kinds of music.

The \m/ pups are not covered HFS. They have similar outputs, but that's about it.

just installed a set of \m/ in a Single Cut Satin AP. didn't have much time to really tested it, but the \m/ neck just got me. so far the 5909 was my favorite neck pick up, but looks like the \m/ one is even better. will try it again this week

just installed a set of \m/ in a Single Cut Satin AP. didn't have much time to really tested it, but the \m/ neck just got me. so far the 5909 was my favorite neck pick up, but looks like the \m/ one is even better. will try it again this week
Aw sh!t Alex, don't tell me that! I only bought a treble pickup. The 5909 is my favorite neck pickup as well(sometimes 5708 depending on the day).

Quick question - can these be used as replacements in an SE Torrero albeit with some adjustment as EMGs are a bit different to install? I would love a Torero to add to the collection but put either Dimarzios or PRS metal approved pups in it!

Quick question - can these be used as replacements in an SE Torrero albeit with some adjustment as EMGs are a bit different to install? I would love a Torero to add to the collection but put either Dimarzios or PRS metal approved pups in it!
Most likely. I think you'd have to get different volume & tone pots since emg's are active pickups.

Aw sh!t Alex, don't tell me that! I only bought a treble pickup. The 5909 is my favorite neck pickup as well(sometimes 5708 depending on the day).
now I installed a neck \m/ on my tremonti. yes, for me, it's the best neck pick up PRS makes. lots of definition and articulation, right amount of bass and to my taste, is a perfect match for the Tremonti bridge, witch I love. Still love my 5909 neck on my SCHB.
happy face before installation

Sem título por aduayer, no Flickr

you can't see my face, but after the installation, I am happier then before...lol

I'm going to have to buy another PRS guitar just so I can put a set of these pickups in it.

https://soundcloud.com/angrydeli72/submersed-mix-4

This will be a huge thread bump I know, but here it is anyway. Just wanted to post a SoundCloud file of a demo I made at home of a \m/ in the bridge of my DGT played through a Peavey 6505+, using the crunch, lead and clean channels. The clean was used with a Black Label Chorus and TC Electronic Flashback X4. The crunch and lead channels had no front end boosting.

Last edited:
Back